Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2006 12:32:35 PM EDT
I know that in certain lighting conditions the recticle on a BAC model can wash out, i.e. it is too light for the tritium and too dark for the fiber optics.  I shoot at a range that has covered benches (so your in the shade) but is otherwise open to the elements.  If I get a BAC ACOG, will it wash out?  I'd hate to spend the money on an ACOG and then have the recticle not light up for most of my shooting.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Really?  I thought I recalled a picture in the old "pictures through recticles thread" showing a greyed out recticle in on a very overcast day?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
No, not under those conditions.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.

I have shot in all kinds of conditions... from bright sunlight to total darkness.  I have yet to have the reticle wash out to where it was unuseable.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nope.

I have shot in all kinds of conditions... from bright sunlight to total darkness.  I have yet to have the reticle wash out to where it was unuseable.

+1

TA31F
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Good to know.  Thank for the responses.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've used the ACOG system in every thinkable lighting condition.  It has never failed me or even come close.  Crystal clear view at all times.  I've never even heard of such a rumor.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  I shoot in a covered outdoor range as well.  Works perfectly.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#9]
i have the ta31,ta31f,ta31a and ta47r-2 and i have never had a problem with them.

hell i shoot at a range with covered benches as well and even my oeg works fine.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top