Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:34:38 PM EDT
Hello, I am currently running a little Optima 2000 red dot on my AR. It is sitting on top of a RRA tactical carry handle. I could get a good deal on a Bushnell Holosight and was wondering if anyone ran a Holosight on a tactical carry handle. I really like the carry handle and I like the fact I could ditch the sight and go back to my iron sights if I had to. I don't have the cash to buy a BUIS so I'm stuck with the carry handle. I am actually looking for pics if someone could post some just to see what it'd look like on my rifle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Holosights don't work well on the non-Tactical non-Carry handles.  The irons become uselss and the HOB is raised w/o any benefit.

Your best bet is to sell the nTnC Handle - use the money to buy a BUIS, and mount the EOTech to the flattop.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Holosights don't work well on the non-Tactical non-Carry handles.  The irons become uselss and the HOB is raised w/o any benefit.

Your best bet is to sell the nTnC Handle - use the money to buy a BUIS, and mount the EOTech to the flattop.

+1... The tac carry handle is designed for use with an Aimpoint. It is USELESS with an EOTech/Bushnell Holo... Either mount to the flat top and get a BUIS as Forest suggested, or get the RRA Dominator mount for the EO (built in rear sight). I love my Dominator mounted EO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
yep, by design it is made for the aimpoint while using the cheap aimpoint x-wide mount.

imo it puts the optic a bit high and forces/limits you on mount options. i would ditch the carry handle in favor of a real buis.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this thread in the RRA forum about the TCH.

For the EOTech, you could sell or trade your TCH for a RRA Dominator, sell your TCH and buy the new RRA BUIS when it's available, or you could go with any of the other available BUIS options.

The best thing about doing it one of these ways is you don't have to "ditch" your optic to switch to irons.  You just look through the EOTech like it's not even there.

An EOTech on top of the TCH is going to have a TERRIBLE "chin weld" at best, and it's just not a good combination in general.

I run a Dominator on one carbine, and an ARMS #40 with EO on another.  I am fond of both setups, but I prefer the folding rear for the slightly less cluttered field of view.

I almost went with a folding front sight too, but chickened out because my fixed FSB is free
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top