Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:07:29 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster Hbar 20" A3. Would like a scope and mounts for the flattop. Basically for plinking and varmint hunting. I am thinking 3X9. I have read this section an realize there are numerous options. Unfortunately, the highly recomended ones are out of my price range. I would like to keep the whole set-up under $200. I would like recommendations based on your personal set-ups if you have any. Also, what to avoid would be great.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
XHairs have you used this scope?  What mounts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#3]
That is probably the best scope under $200.  You can also get them at www.bearbasin.com/catalog.htm#b_l_scopes.

Eye relief is often a problem when mounting magnified optics directly on a flat-top.  Armalite makes a one-piece mount that helps a little bit.  It is $75.  www.quanticoarms.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=687&type=M&CMN=ArmaLite&CMNum=19&CMSNum=85&CMSN=Scope+Mounts
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
XHairs have you used this scope?  What mounts?

I'm not currently using this scope but had it mounted on an A2 handle once.
Just a scope recommendation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushnell 3200 with an Armalite scope mount could be around that price. The less expensive Nikons are supposed to be good, but I don't have one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bushnell 3200 with an Armalite scope mount could be around that price. The less expensive Nikons are supposed to be good, but I don't have one.

+1

Last week, I bought a Bushnell 3200 Multi-X 3-10X 40mm at a local store.  For a scope mount, I chose RRA's one piece mount that is very similar to Armalite one.

Armalite mount has more forward offset than RRa and RRA mount is about $40.  So this is why I went w/ RRA.

Even if I only used my 3200 scope for zeroing in, I'm so far very satisfied w/ it.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top