Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:34:31 PM EDT
alright so im looking for something cheap to put on top my AR
i have an A3 but i also have a carry handle option too but ied rather mount it on the rail to save weight
so heres what im deciding on

aimpoint clone
for 67$ + shipping
or

for $57 plus shipping
www.riflescopes.com/products/PMRS/bsa_panoramic_sight.htm
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
This will not be pretty.
The cheapest red dot that I will recommend is a bushnell holoscope, jpoint or optima 2000.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont do it, dont get a cheap red dot sight, get the real deal. Ive had experience with a cheap red dot sight and it was a lesson Im glad didnt cost more than $100. Trust me, a elcheapo red dot sight wont even make it to the range and back. Ive also had experience with the Aimpoint M68CCO and I can say you can beat the crap out of it, total clumsy ass bull in china shop, every five minutes doing something to make someone say "god damn cadet", and it will still works, no problems. Itll cost you more, but if you dont buy it now, you will buy it later AFTER you waste money on a POS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dont do it, dont get a cheap red dot sight, get the real deal. Ive had experience with a cheap red dot sight and it was a lesson Im glad didnt cost more than $100. Trust me, a elcheapo red dot sight wont even make it to the range and back. Ive also had experience with the Aimpoint M68CCO and I can say you can beat the crap out of it, total clumsy ass bull in china shop, every five minutes doing something to make someone say "god damn cadet", and it will still works, no problems. Itll cost you more, but if you dont buy it now, you will buy it later AFTER you waste money on a POS.

+100 on that! I just went through this exact scenario. I now own an Aimpoint CompM2 and a one week old DEAD Aimpoint clone!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
i plan on buying the aimpoint ML2 in about a month or so
when i get my first check from work (yea college student)

i was just looking for somethin cheap for now
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#5]

i plan on buying the aimpoint ML2 in about a month or so
when i get my first check from work (yea college student)

i was just looking for somethin cheap for now

Save the money and use it towards the Aimpoint.... use your Irons until then......
The Aimpoint will hold it's value if you decide to sell it later... your two "Cheap" choices will not

Buy cheap..buy twice  ....something to be learned in that saying if your smart enough
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I really think its a crap shoot on the clone.  Ive had one that has held zero for a few thousand rounds and I got alot of use out of it for $50.  I have since went on to a scope and Jpoint combo but the clone still works fine.  For every one of my stories where they hold up there may be a dozen that go the other way, just telling you my experience.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top