Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:39:12 PM EDT
Can anyone compare a TA01NSN  with DOC/JPOINT to EOTECH?????

Obviously I am not talking about magnification.   I love my ACOG, but would like something better than the useless fixed b/u irons on the ACOG, but I don't want to give up my 4x.

For use, I am a LEO and it could see use in an active shooter situation, but otherwise, will not be "carried" on duty.

What I want to know is does the DOC or JPOINT add value to my ACOG?  Is it in the same boat as an Aimpoint or EOTECH?

Most valued replies here are from those who have actually used both or at least held and looked through both systems.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
why do you need the magnification?  sounds like you would be much better suited with a EOtech or Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are stuck on wanting the ACOG with Doctor or getting an EOTech, have you considered a 1X4 scope?  Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
why do you need the magnification?  sounds like you would be much better suited with a EOtech or Aimpoint.

Non Scientific Reason:  I Like It.  I carried it in AFG, where long shots would be more likely than here, but  I am used to it.  I have an Aimpoint, but don't like it.  

You are probably correct that I "need" the EOTECH, but I am wondering if the DOC combo with the ACOG allows me to have what I "need" and what I "want".

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top