Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:28:13 PM EDT
i have been wonder about the matech sight there seems to be a small amount of taboo about haveing one. can any body tell me what the big deal is .
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember hearing that they are issued for the army only... Any one you buy would be stolen....

Thats what I remember reading about them.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
True. A few members here claim that ANY MATECH BUIS in civi hands was stolen at some point from Uncle Sam.

These threads usually end in some heated discussion or get locked.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The Colt LE 1020 is supposedly coming with them?  Or was that just a shot show display package?

Hmm..
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I know the side latch is very delicate. I tightened one down ever so slightly and put the rifle in a carry case. The next day I opened the case and the sight fell out. The latch had snapped from ALL THE PRESSURE I put on it (NOT). I would pass on one as there are much better sights out there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know the side latch is very delicate. I tightened one down ever so slightly and put the rifle in a carry case. The next day I opened the case and the sight fell out. The latch had snapped from ALL THE PRESSURE I put on it (NOT). I would pass on one as there are much better sights out there.

Thats why we have mongo, our on site bracket maker
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why we have mongo, our on site bracket maker

How did that new mount bar work out for ya, have any pics?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm staying out of it this time
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well its sits on the gun  vury pretty......

Well, i dont know if i can admit it.......

Everyone will hate me.........
I havnt had a chance to sight the matech in...............

Because i only have 30 rnds of 556 left, but im calling dicks sporting goods in the AM to see about Rem. UMC on sale

But it is a very sturdy piece.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
They're are better alternative:

ARMS 40 & 40L
Troy
KAC 600M
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They're are better alternative:

ARMS 40 & 40L
Troy
KAC 600M

I dont know what all this shit is about the Matech being a crap BUIS.  How hard are you guys screwing down the sight.  I have had my Matech for a while now and it has been nothing but a steller accurate exceptional BUIS.  The BDC works so well I wish I could get another. Are you guys sure you didnt get some air soft crap.  I have had this sight on two different rifles and I have never broke the cross bar or anything else on this sight.  

Yesterday I tried a 600 meter shot with the sights BDC and it was dead on every shot.  

Heres my weapon with the matech sight.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top