Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:59:53 AM EDT
I have an eotech mounted on the carry handle of my bushmaster M4. I sighted my iron sights in using the military 300 meter zero target. I was at the Eotech website and came across a target just like the military 300 meter zero target but it directly shows where point of aim should be with the eotech sight mounted on what they call the top rail. I assume the top rail they refer to is the picatinny rail on the top of the upper. Well what I am wondering is can I use this same target to sight in my eotech that is mounted on my carry handle and use the same point of aim that the target directs? Or should I just stick with sighting my eotech in a 50 yards. I guess what I am trying to accomplish here is that I want my eotech sighted in for the military 300 meter zero like I have my iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
rail vs carry handle should have you "minute of tango" for CM shots to 300.

You won't be putting out a fly's eyeball, but.................

My advice-find a range you will be shooting desired distances at and find what works for your purposes, weapon and ammo.

I personally really like the eotech 25M target as it works as a BSZ, if I need more precision, the eotech comes off and the scope goes on, without the scope available I'd rather have irons.

My eotech sighted on the flattop rail is good to 300 on 12" steel if I do my part.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you get one of these and mount the EOTech on the front of the rail.  It is from ARMS.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top