Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:58:11 PM EDT
I love the Aimpoint M3 I have. I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this, or if I need to contact Aimpoint.

When I turn the Aimpoint up to the point where the dot is visible with the weapon mounted light on, I notice a "halo" of red light around the area where the glass meet the tube. It's not really in the way, but just seems annoying.

Just thought I'd check with other users to see if this was a common occurrance before I start complaining about something.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen this on my CompM2.  On the highest couple of brightness settings I get a bit of a halo, unless I'm out in direct sunlight or somewhere I have a similarly bright backdrop.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have seen this but as stated above, it only has happened when I have the settings quite bright (brighter than they really need to be, that is).
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I too have seen this but as stated above, it only has happened when I have the settings quite bright (brighter than they really need to be, that is).

+1

Your brightness setting is up too high.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My M2 does that on the highest setting in low light conditions.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Got the halo in both of my M2's, and had forgotten about it until this discussion.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Got the halo on my ML2 on the brightest setting.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Got the halo on my ML2 on the brightest setting.

+1
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info.

I usually have it up far enough that when the big Pentagon light blinds the bad guy, I can still see the dot. Just wanted to know if it was common, and it sounds like it is.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the info.

I usually have it up far enough that when the big Pentagon light blinds the bad guy, I can still see the dot. Just wanted to know if it was common, and it sounds like it is.

it happens with all Aimpoints all the time at the higher settings
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top