Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:13:03 PM EDT
Ok.....heres the deal.  

I am in the market for a new leupold Mark 4 scope and I need some help choosing one.  It's gonna go on my SPR.

Option 1 (kinda two options rolled into one)
Heres where I'm at right now.  I'm trying to decide between either the the new 2.5-8X36 (mil-dot)with the new M2 knobs (1/2 moa), or the same scope with M1 Knobs (1/4 moa)

Option 2

3-9X36 (mil-dot)with either the M1 or M3 knobs.

Any way I go I'm gonna have a custom knob cut for the elevation (for MK262 ammo)

Any input would be much appreciated
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I was thinking on both the options (except the TMR....I'm really a mil-dot guy)

I appreciate the guidance and would buy form you as you have great prices, but I am getting a pretty sweet deal through leupold vendor appreciation program.  It's always nice to work at a gun store.  And availability won't really be an issue as I am getting it straight from them

Thanks again

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok.....heres the deal.  

I am in the market for a new leupold Mark 4 scope and I need some help choosing one.  It's gonna go on my SPR.

Option 1 (kinda two options rolled into one)
Heres where I'm at right now.  I'm trying to decide between either the the new 2.5-8X36 (mil-dot)with the new M2 knobs (1/2 moa), or the same scope with M1 Knobs (1/4 moa)

Option 2

3-9X36 (mil-dot)with either the M1 or M3 knobs.

Any way I go I'm gonna have a custom knob cut for the elevation (for MK262 ammo)

Any input would be much appreciated

Did you know that the 2.5-8 and 3-9 MR/Ts  are both the same exact size and wieght ?
At least , thats according to the Leupold catalogue.

I have all of the Mark4 series, except the 2.5-8. They are GREAT scopes !

My eyes and hands are very much used to them, and come highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually did read that on Leupolds site.

I think I'm gonna go do the 3-9 MR/T with the M1 knobs and still get the BDC for it

Thanks for the replies guys

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top