Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:20:13 PM EDT
Is there anything to these green lasers.  They look nice, aluminum bodies and so on.  I plan on running one on my rifle with a Surefire M-20 barrel mount and an ARMS #22L ring w/ a 1" insert.  I guess I just need to know if they hold zero.  

I also wanted to know if you could replace the tapeswitch with a push button "clickie" tail-cap.  It looks like it might be interchangeable with Surefire parts.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question/tag.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  I'd like to know why the folks in Hong Kong can sell these with dual switches (push and pressure) for less than $100 shipped on eBay and yet here in the states there aren't any cheaper than $400!

tagged.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
importation cost and profit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
look on the first page of the lights and lasers forum.  there is a review thread of the "cheapo" green lasers.  

from what i read, they don't hold zero and might just give up totally due to recoil.  

they are neat and fun but a weapons-grade green laser is not a cheap piece of hardware.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
look on the first page of the lights and lasers forum.  there is a review thread of the "cheapo" green lasers.  

from what i read, they don't hold zero and might just give up totally due to recoil.  

they are neat and fun but a weapons-grade green laser is not a cheap piece of hardware.  

I don't know where you read that, because the "Knockoff" thread in the Laser section, says nothing of the sort. Actually, several people have commented on the quality of the build, and no range reports have been given yet.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:44:51 AM EDT
[#6]
From BlackOpsSpec:

i bought one of the surefire knockoffs. this was supposed to be the "upgraded" 35mW model. the casing is nice and substantial. the wind/elev dials don't work. the hex screw adjustment hardly works and it wouldn't maintain zero. the laser is bright as hell though.

i mounted it on a Bushy AR 9mm pistol, and took it to the range last weekend. it lasted about 30 rnds, could never be zeroed, and then permanently died. changed batteries, checked all wires and circuit board. its dead. this is about what i expected when buying a $100 surefire knockoff via ebay.

now that i've played with a bright green laser though, i'm hooked and will have to get a real one.

Why don't you stay up to date on your thread reading before questioning me!?!?

THREAD
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

THREAD

Gee sorry masta, BlackOps wasn't the thread starter (who has still not reported back), and who says that was the same laser that theBomber was talking about?

Are you ever pleasant with anyone?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
What were your exact words again?

I don't know where you read that, because the "Knockoff" thread in the Laser section, says nothing of the sort. Actually, several people have commented on the quality of the build, and no range reports have been given yet.

You wrote "yet" after a range report was given.  How am I wrong again?

How could I have been any more pleasant?  Did you not take my response pleasantly?  Is that my fault?

I made a statement that the lasers are not holding zero and are dying.  You came back at me with a statement suggesting I'm pulling that information out of my butt.  

I'm sorry if I didn't sound pleasant after your unpleasant response.  

You reap what you sow dumbass.  

That means you'll get back what you put in, get it?

ETA:  The starter of this thread asked about green lasers in general.  He did NOT ask specifically about the green laser that TheBomber or RSilvers are playing around with.  Therefore, I did NOT HAVE TO wait for a range report from TheBomber or RSilvers before I gave 234747 any information.  I relayed information to him and gave him a link.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#9]
haha, ok.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
haha, ok.  

I honestly hope you understand and aren't just being a little
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Stand on your drive way and toss it over your shoulder. Do it again. It it still works and holds zero, then it is a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Do you have to use the grenade toss type of throw, or can you just find a spot in the street, and throw some heat???

joe
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#13]
In order to for it to pass airsoft-spec testing protocals, you would have to do the running cartwheel toss. This is very dangerous and not recommended for children under 13.

It probably wouldn't pass though because the housing is aluminum, and not Reel Steal. duh....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never been able to do the Forward Cartwheel, however, the forward fall and twist with release? I own!

joe
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
HEY!  Reel Steal is my term.  I just had to explain it to a guy a few days ago because he thought I was serious...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
HEY!  Reel Steal is my term.  

I know. I found it funny.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#17]
There is this to be said

For some reason my e-bay account is messed up and I cannot post feedback there on the laser I bought, so I will throw some up here. I ordered last week and it was here yesterday. Fast shipping from Canada in my opinion. The laser is quite solid. A friend commented you could beat someone over the head with it if your gun jammed. It looks great, and fit perfectly in the mount. I have the real version of the mount and found the copy just fine. I locked on my TDI lower rail on my AK-103 without any problems. I will move it to an AR as soon as I get a rail in.

I ran to Wal-mart and grabbed a battery. On first power-up I was amazed at the brightness. It is dazzling. In darkness one can see the beam faintly out to the target. I shined it outside and could see the dot clearly on the fence across the yard. It was slightly overcast at 4:00 PM, so the beam is plenty bright. It was no trouble at all to adjust. The pressure switch works perfectly. I need to find a way to adhere that to a weapon forearm. I have used velcro in the past but was never really satisfied. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

In short, a great deal on a really bright laser and mount. I will be buying again.

Thanks!

GR

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What were your exact words again?

You wrote "yet" after a range report was given.  How am I wrong again?

How could I have been any more pleasant?  Did you not take my response pleasantly?  Is that my fault?

I made a statement that the lasers are not holding zero and are dying.  You came back at me with a statement suggesting I'm pulling that information out of my butt.  

I'm sorry if I didn't sound pleasant after your unpleasant response.  

You reap what you sow dumbass.  

That means you'll get back what you put in, get it?

ETA:  The starter of this thread asked about green lasers in general.  He did NOT ask specifically about the green laser that TheBomber or RSilvers are playing around with.  Therefore, I did NOT HAVE TO wait for a range report from TheBomber or RSilvers before I gave 234747 any information.  I relayed information to him and gave him a link.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conduct Code 6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Where are the Moderators????   They need to go through this forum and read this guys Posts!!!!  He is constantly attacking people personaly, with profane language that does no good except show his ignorance.  Someone needs to call him on his conduct!

ReconJack
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Conduct Code 6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Where are the Moderators????   They need to go through this forum and read this guys Posts!!!!  He is constantly attacking people personaly, with profane language that does no good except show his ignorance.  Someone needs to call him on his conduct!

ReconJack

Joe can be kinda rough and he says it “as is”, but he’ll grow on ya after a while. Just put him in his place……………”Now Joe you stop that misbehaving and play nice with the other board members!”  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes Mr. QUIB.  

I like guys like QUIB who can just get past the fact that in their "opinion" I am being a jerk when I'm just really really trying to stress or push home a point.  

I come off as a jerk and stubborn A-hole simply because I am stubborn.  I will push my point until I get the feeling you get it and aren't just arguing to argue.  I don't expect you to AGREE with me, but if you understand what I'm saying and then state you don't agree, I leave it be.  It's only when I think you are trying to skirt the issue by bringing up my "mean-ness" and saying I should shut up because I'm being a bad boy.

ReconJack- I wasn't repeatedly attacking or insulting Mudfoot.  I was directing my comments at him or even arguing with him if you want to put it that way.  THAT is not against the rules.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yes Mr. QUIB.  

I like guys like QUIB who can just get past the fact that in their "opinion" I am being a jerk when I'm just really really trying to stress or push home a point.  

I come off as a jerk and stubborn A-hole simply because I am stubborn.  I will push my point until I get the feeling you get it and aren't just arguing to argue.  I don't expect you to AGREE with me, but if you understand what I'm saying and then state you don't agree, I leave it be.  It's only when I think you are trying to skirt the issue by bringing up my "mean-ness" and saying I should shut up because I'm being a bad boy.

ReconJack- I wasn't repeatedly attacking or insulting Mudfoot.  I was directing my comments at him or even arguing with him if you want to put it that way.  THAT is not against the rules.  

Ok, I accept that but here is a quote from you on another topic.  I just think a little discreation would go a long way toward people paying attention to you instead of saying to themselves, what an a$$hole, if you know what I mean.  I absolutely agree you should push your point, but the quote below is in my humble opinion not warranted.  I think about the new guys coming on board, and wonder how they will take name calling like that.  I don't know you, but you sound more intelligent than what you are writing.
Anyway here is the quote I have a problem with:
You were directing it at "paulosantos"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you are so full of shit.

A lot of people around here shoot out to 300 yards with their Eotechs. I'm sorry that I can't, but plenty of people do. The best way to zero your Eotech is at a 50/200 yard zero.

5.56 rounds are effective past 200 yards. You don't get out much, do you? People can shoot matches with Irons and hit man size targets at 600+. And yes, the round will do damage to you at that distance.

I criticized your second "Con" of ACOGs as being "can fail" by putting "anything can fail." You don't seem to get what I was saying because you responded with "If this wasn't true..." No fucking shit! That was my point- any optic can fail and that's what BUISs are for. We are talking about optics here and you are comparing ACOGs to Aimpoints/Eotechs and to low powered adjustable scopes. The ACOG is the most indestructible of the bunch in most cases which also gets to my main point- be relative with your comparisons. Be concise, be consistent. You were all over the place and were of very little use.

My criticisms of what you had to say are much more informative than your generic bullshit you gave this guy. Read through the damn optics threads...

You should spend more time reading real world examples like those you find here than just looking for data to support your little projects. Do you really do presentations on rifle optics for work? Are you sure it's not for school or something? Are you even allowed to talk about "assault rifle" related topics in public in Jersey?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER !!
I put the S E X Y in D Y S L E X I A

Sorry, I think this is uncalled for.

Thanks,

ReconJack
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THREAD

Gee sorry masta, BlackOps wasn't the thread starter (who has still not reported back), and who says that was the same laser that theBomber was talking about?

Are you ever pleasant with anyone?

That right there is the kind of shit that can get you kicked out of here.  I've seen it happen (although the person also made reference to watermelons but nonetheless, he had the same tone.)
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
ReconJack- are you still bringing crap from another thread into here or am I just reading this later after instead of before your post in the other thread where you chastize me?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Could someone point me to a thread about  Jack in EE Green Laser Sight?

Because this sure as hell isn't one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#25]

No answers
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Could someone point me to a thread about  Jack in EE Green Laser Sight?

Because this sure as hell isn't one.

That was this thread before it's alter ego took over and killed it...

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
ReconJack- are you still bringing crap from another thread into here or am I just reading this later after instead of before your post in the other thread where you chastize me?

I think I am banned, if not I should be!!!!

You fucking bunch of shit eating apes!!!   FUCK ALL OF YOU DICK LICKERS!!!!!!

EAT SHIT AND DIE, I WOULD LIKE TO SKULL FUCK ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

BAN ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE LOST IT, AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS FORUM SUCKS AS HARD AS YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReconJack   the used to be member
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I wonder if this thread will get locked?

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Don't know. It does kinda remind me of a Full-Auto.com thread of yesteryear.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know. It does kinda remind me of a Full-Auto.com thread of yesteryear.

This is child's play compared to FA.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
ReconJack   the used to be member

We will enjoy your absense.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]
WTF?  

He chastised me, I apologized and now his head splits open and his brains fall out.  

Is this just someone's troll account created for nothing more than trying to illicit bad behavior from me?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#33]
This question just can't get answered.  People cannot handle green lasers, they make them crazy.  This is exactly why Surefire scrapped their model and we are left to ponder questions like

"Will the airsoft laser really handle 5.56 recoil???"
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#34]
after my carbon15 9mm pistol killed the better knockoff green laser (the one that looks like surefire), i came to the conclusion that the laser sucks.  it worked great when i put the batteries in, and worked great mounted on the gun ..... but when i actually pulled the trigger a few times (one full mag), the laser is completely fried.  $100 POS.  i just need to get something real like a ACOG instead.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:07:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn, somebody has issues.

And tag, because if this gets turned around I'd like to know a bit about those green lasers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top