Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 12:38:23 PM EDT
Man is it just me, or do you have to have your eye right in the tube to get a sight? i just got a 3x, and i have to collaspe my stock and almost have my cheek on the charging handle. I have a sir rail, and the samson sir mount, so the 3x does sit as far back on the upper....does anyone else have this issue?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Ived used a few magnified optics...the only prob that seems to be with the sir mount on it is that it moves the 3x further fowqard on the upper....might cheek is literally touching the charging hndle....maybe thats normal though. The only magnified optics ived used are on my bro's 308.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey all,
I'm looking into an M3 with a 3x magnifier.  Does it require any special mount for the Aimpoint?  Will the ARMS throw lever be okay?  thanks
miko
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The ARMS Throwlever will work fine but you will have to get the cantilever spacer for it otherwise you will not have enough room for the 3X and BUIS.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Eye relief for the 3X is "at 5 degrees FOV 40 – 90 mm at full FOV (7 degrees) 60 – 65 mm" so it's shorter than the 93mm of the MR/T Leupold at 3X or even it's 76mm at 9X.  It's not as short as the 1.5" (38mm) of the 4X ACOGs (TA31, TA01 series) however.

I find it perfect for NTCH shooting, not too close, but close enough, and it's excellent for BAC use (even though I use a Samson flip mount), particularly when combined with the variable intensity red dot of the Aimpoint.
It is perfect for fast shooting as the eye relief is very forgiving, certainly better than any variable scope set on 3X in this respect.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Eye relief for the 3X is "at 5 degrees FOV 40 – 90 mm at full FOV (7 degrees) 60 – 65 mm" so it's shorter than the 93mm of the MR/T Leupold at 3X or even it's 76mm at 9X.  It's not as short as the 1.5" (38mm) of the 4X ACOGs (TA31, TA01 series) however.

I find it perfect for NTCH shooting, not too close, but close enough, and it's excellent for BAC use (even though I use a Samson flip mount), particularly when combined with the variable intensity red dot of the Aimpoint.
It is perfect for fast shooting as the eye relief is very forgiving, certainly better than any variable scope set on 3X in this respect.

www.pbase.com/edwin907/image/50171437/original.jpg

My mounts sit lower, because of my sir, which is what bothers me a bit.....and quick question...is that a LMT  free float  on your rifle...what is that part that says patent pending?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top