Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:04:43 AM EDT
I just got my first Aimpoint.  While I'm used to leveling the crosshairs of traditional scopes, I don't know quite what to do with this sight.

Do I need to "level" the Aimpoint so that the adjustment knobs are exactly at 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock?  

How do you do it?

If I'm being too anal about this, just tell me?

Thanks in advance,

JerryinPA
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Stick a "string-level" (from hardware store) on the flats of the upper and the top of your Aimpoint and when both match, (are level) ya should be good to go......

Mike

ps - works well for aligning scopes to bolt rifles too....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it has to be perfectly level or anywhere near it.  

I had a CompM and the military instructions said nothing much about leveling, but did mention making a reference mark agains the QRP mount and the body of the Aimpoint for future reference.

You could put your AR15 in a vice and set a small level on your flattop to make sure it's level and then mount the Aimpoint mount and then the Aimpoint.  I believe you should be able to find a flat spot on the side or top of all Aimpoints where you could then use the level to get very very close.  

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
just level it by eye and it will be fine.  I have had 2 different Aimpoints and never a single problem leveling them that way
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Stick a "string-level" (from hardware store) on the flats of the upper and the top of your Aimpoint and when both match, (are level) ya should be good to go......

Mike

ps - works well for aligning scopes to bolt rifles too....

+1
That's the way I sight-in optics.  Works great!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Having the Aimpoint rotated in the mount only affects how confusing it is to zero.  Once zeroed, the orientation makes no differnce.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top