Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:06:50 AM EDT
Can an Aimpoint be mounted effectively on a RRA Dominator?  If so, what Aimpoint mount do you use to raise it and still co-witwness?  I do not want to remove the Dom but want to use either AP or EO.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the position of the sight to the BUIS - too close?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not fond of "make-do's", especially if you're going to have to remove the rear lens cover and possibly have the Aimpoint closer than might be comfortable.

I am VERY fond of my Dominator, and I think the rear sight itself is perfect for my tastes.  It's fixed, A2, and mounts using out-of-the-way hex screws instead of big honking thumb nuts.  I considered buying a second one and cutting off the rail, leaving only the BUIS to use for an Aimpoint as well.

BUT

From another post, I found out that RRA already had such a BUIS floating around their shop, but didn't offer them for sale.  Steve/RRA says he's having a run of them made up to see how they sell.  (what a guy!)

If it's the fixed rear BUIS is what you like about the Dominator as I do, you might consider selling the Dominator and buying one of these new ones, OR just buying the new one and having both, since you know you'll have to own an Aimpoint AND an EOTech eventually
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OR just buying the new one and having both, since you know you'll have to own an Aimpoint AND an EOTech eventually

Quiet - my wife almost heard you say that...

Thanks for the advice.  Definitely staying with the fixed buis.  Tried the LMT BUIS (loved it) with the YHM riser - just could not get it sturdy enough for my likings.  The Dominator seems to be exactly what I am looking for - I feel 110% confident in its durability for duty use with an eomabob.  I was just hoping to be able to leave the buis on (sighted in) and just fart with the optics.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OR just buying the new one and having both, since you know you'll have to own an Aimpoint AND an EOTech eventually

Quiet - my wife almost heard you say that...

Ooops, sorry 'bout that.  
"Go back to sleep honey, I'm finishing up our taxes, then it's Bible study and straight to bed!"

Thanks for the advice.  Definitely staying with the fixed buis.  Tried the LMT BUIS (loved it) with the YHM riser - just could not get it sturdy enough for my likings.  The Dominator seems to be exactly what I am looking for - I feel 110% confident in its durability for duty use with an eomabob.

I agree.  I normally like YHM products, but that EO-riser is too flimsy for me.  My Gen2 Dominator ain't going anywhere.

I was just hoping to be able to leave the buis on (sighted in) and just fart with the optics.  

Well then, fart away .  From Steve's description, sounds like you've got enough room for that.

I keep saying I'm going to get an Aimpoint one of these days...  But when I've saved up almost enough, I end up buying another EOTech instead.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top