Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 12:53:26 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster M4 and GG&G folding rear sight.  It's hitting about 12" high at 50 yards.  I thought I had read somewhere about some BUIS needing an extended front sight post, but I can't find anything on it.  The search has proven to be much of a help.  Please tell me about this issue, or point me in a direction.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a bushmaster M4 and GG&G folding rear sight.  It's hitting about 12" high at 50 yards.  I thought I had read somewhere about some BUIS needing an extended front sight post, but I can't find anything on it.  The search has proven to be much of a help.  Please tell me about this issue, or point me in a direction.

You will need an "F" marked front sight base or you can try the taller front sight post sold by Bushmaster.  I tried the taller post on my AR10A4 and the post still had to be above the ears on the FSB so I ended up with a gasblock and detachable front.  YMMV
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Any recommendations or opinions on make/models?  I would like a folding front, are there particular ones that will cure my problem?  If I go with a gas block and detachable front, how do I know I won't end up with the same problem?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You could just buy an extented front sight post.

can get them from SOG Armory or Bravocompany USA for about $13

I know this info is a bit late, but I was having the same prob, and did a little reasearch and found the cure.

My Google-fu is strong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#4]

You could just buy an extented front sight post.

I use the 0.040" taller posts from Bushmaster.  They work great.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top