Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:15:57 AM EDT
Aside from the feature of returning a scope to absoulte zero ( and from my understanding,only the LaRue 1pc setup can do this) Why 1pc over 2pc? Im going back and forth for my new DPMS  .308 Lr24. Cost really isnt an issue, and the ability to return to zero really does not appeal to me either  either as whatever scope I put on here, will most likely live on here forever.
Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Being able to remove the scope and return to zero really is the only issue.  If cost isn't a factor, why not go with a quality one piece?  They can be very nice, especially if you want to mount back up irons. Many manufacturers make a one piece mount that will return to zero well, but Larue is probably the best.  I have an ARMS one piece mount that works well. If you are looking for high quality two piece mounts you may want to look at badger ordinance.  

Or you could just go with a set of leupolds.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Being able to remove the scope and return to zero really is the only issue.  If cost isn't a factor, why not go with a quality one piece?  They can be very nice, especially if you want to mount back up irons. Many manufacturers make a one piece mount that will return to zero well, but Larue is probably the best.  I have an ARMS one piece mount that works well. If you are looking for high quality two piece mounts you may want to look at badger ordinance.  

Or you could just go with a set of leupolds.  

Im looking pretty hard at the LaRue for a 1pc, Badger for 2 pc.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top