Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2006 1:07:04 PM EDT
Ok I've searched quite a bit and heard good and bad about the Armalite mount, but couldnt find much on the wilson combat.  My scope stays on my dedicated varmint rig, so repeating a zero after taking it off and putting it back on is'nt really an issue for me. But how else do these 2 compare? Height, how far forward do they set the scope, quality?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I own and use the ArmaLite scope mount.  Mine has 30mm rings and ArmaLite has a 1 inch ring version also.  I am not familiar with the Wilson Lo-Mount Tactical Scope Unit, but at their web page, they mention that it only comes with 1 inch rings.

Wilson makes good stuff as does Armalite, so I don't think you will go wrong with either one and they look very similar except for the fact the Armalite is more aesthetically pleasing to my eye, but that's just me.  The prices are about the same also.

So, unless your intended scope has a 30mm tube, it's a toss-up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]

If you can swing the $$$ on the Larue, do it.  It is a great mount.  Otherwise I like the Armalite although the Armalite won't return to zero...it will be very close but not exact.  The Armalite also keeps the scope relatively low...which is a positive IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THE LARUE TACTICAL SPR SCOPE MOUNT?

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/DSCN1166.jpg

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ
LARUE DEALER

Oh yea I have definatly considerd it and have heard nothing but good things about it, but unfourtunatly that extra $100-$150 keeps me from getting one. And from what I have read, the only big difference is the return to zero is better on the larue and of course the name(let me know if I am totally off on this assumption). This is my varmint gun but I  cannot afford to go top of the line. Hell, my scope isnt even uber high tech.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
How's this for a tight budget.  No idea about the quality.

(scroll down)  One-piece scope mount
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok I've searched quite a bit and heard good and bad about the Armalite mount, but couldnt find much on the wilson combat.  My scope stays on my dedicated varmint rig, so repeating a zero after taking it off and putting it back on is'nt really an issue for me. But how else do these 2 compare? Height, how far forward do they set the scope, quality?

Thanks in advance

Anyone know the rise height on this Armalite mount?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Armalite 1 piece mount on my Bushmaster varminter w/ a Zeiss 4.5-14X. Has been great, is rock solid, no movement. No issues as far as alignment, cheek weld/height. I did not use the Bushmaster risers provided, and with the 1 piece mount if I were to decide to put in on another rifle at some future time I would not have to worry about ring marks on a $700 scope. Just unscrew the knobs and move mount & scope to another weapon. I highly reccomend. No experience with the Wilson.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Armalite or wilson...they are both made by the same place that makes this:
www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=800

...only for more $$
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Armalite or wilson...they are both made by the same place that makes this:
www.mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=800

...only for more $$

Interesting, but the ArmaLite mount look nothing like the one at MA parts.  Perhaps a different model.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:16:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to all for the info. I'm going to go with the armalite mount. I have only found them at Quantico arms, dsg arms, and armalite, any other suggestions for where to get one or feedback on any of these places.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The mount pictured from M&A looks more like an RRA. The RRA is taller than the Armalite giving clearance for BUIS's. I went through several incarnations before I found a working combination.

BTW... I've got an Armalite 1" mount sitting in my parts box (shameless plug).

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top