Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:40 PM EDT
Found a 1.75-6 x 42 (I think 42) today.  Thinking of trading TAO1 (older with dot at 100m line then dashes below) in for the scope. Has duplex reticle and 30mm tube. This will be on 20" AR.  Thanks, Nelson
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]

The "Ultravide Scopes" had Leica glass but scope made by Leupold.

They had one piece billet machined housings , 1/4" adj that were finger adjustable and a quick adjustment diopter. About 67" adjustment

The 4.5-14X40 was roughly double the cost of a comparable ( 1" tube though ) Vari-X III 4.5-14X40

I traded up from a Vari-X III 4.5-14X40 because i was advised it had much better eye relief ( on a 30-378Wby ) . Truth of the matter was the eye relief was about the same

I can't honestly tell you if it was "brighter or better" than the Leo Vari-X III it replaced though. They only made them for a couple of years (starting in 98 I think )
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top