Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:10:20 PM EDT
Greetings.

What is negative side of mounting a scope on the  arry handle of my Colt AR15?
I would like to mount a Weaver 4x scope

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#1]
sight over bore
mout options are usally limited
poor cheekweld for most
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot in the past with the scope on the CH and I highly recommend you purchase a Checkpiece like the one pictured below.  This will ensure a repeatable cheekweld position.  They are pretty cheap.  If you were to mount an Aimpoint or an Acog on the Charging Handle, you probably wouldn't need the cheekpiece, but for a regular scope I highly recommend it.  Check out the Bushmaster site where you can purchase for a collapsible or fixed buttstock.  Checkpiece

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for replies and info.
The cheekpiece sounds like a good suggestion.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have shot in the past with the scope on the CH and I highly recommend you purchase a Checkpiece like the one pictured below.  This will ensure a repeatable cheekweld position.  They are pretty cheap.  If you were to mount an Aimpoint or an Acog on the Charging Handle CARRY HANDLE, you probably wouldn't need the cheekpiece, but for a regular scope I highly recommend it.  Check out the Bushmaster site where you can purchase for a collapsible or fixed buttstock.  Checkpiece

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/Checkpiece.jpg

fixed it for ya
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for replies and info.
The cheekpiece sounds like a good suggestion.

Except you won't be able to use the iron sights with the cheekpiece.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for my photo Saterday
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
fivepointoh:  Thanks for fixing that for me.  Brain fart.  And it is definitely very difficult to use the iron sights with the cheeckpiece, but if you are primarily using the scope, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top