Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 12:37:07 PM EDT
I haven't seen a detachable carry handle with just A1 type sights.  I wondered if anyone made one.  I don't know why the detachable handles have the complex target sights on them.  I would figure a detachable should be simple with fewer moving parts, which to me looks like the A1 type not the A2.

Maybe I am missing something, maybe the A2 is better for some reason - wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, and won't be the last - so if I am wrong, let me know why.

Either way, does anyone make detachable handles with A1 sights?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody had a batch made up and was selling them on the EE a few months back.  Other than those, I haven't seen any.

Try a WTB ad in the EE, maybe someone will offer you one.  IIRC - they were about the same price as a good A2 sighted carry handle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
www.cncgunsmithing.com/misc.html

Don't know how reliable this guy is, but it might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I haven't seen a detachable carry handle with just A1 type sights.  I wondered if anyone made one.  I don't know why the detachable handles have the complex target sights on them.  I would figure a detachable should be simple with fewer moving parts, which to me looks like the A1 type not the A2.

Maybe I am missing something, maybe the A2 is better for some reason - wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, and won't be the last - so if I am wrong, let me know why.

Either way, does anyone make detachable handles with A1 sights?

You can order them from Defensive Edge home of the SLR15.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a A1 detachable carry handle from cnc gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
CNC's has knobs for quick release IIRC, and the Defense Edge one use hex head screws for a cleaner install.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I always wanted one of the CNC ones...they look as though they're made more nicely than the DE version.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I always wanted one of the CNC ones...they look as though they're made more nicely than the DE version.

If you look at them side by side the DE wins hands down! No way in hell is the CNC one better it looks like a product from Tapco.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top