Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:12:36 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I've got a CMMG upper with an 'F' marked front sight base, and just picked up a YHM flip-up rear back-up iron sight. I don't know much about the 'F' marked front sight assembly, but I understand it's a bit higher than the 'standard' A2 front sight assembly.

That said:

Will I have any problems using the YHM rear flip-sight with the higher front sight base ?

What is the 'set zero' for the YHM rear sight (it has no ability to adjust elevation, so I am curios if it is set at 100 meters, 200 meters, 300 meters, or something else alltogether) ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There should not be a problem with the flip-up BUIS and the 'F' FSB.  The 'F' FSB is for the flattop recievers, and the flip-up rear are made to go on the flattops.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

Anyone know what the 'default' range is for that flip rear sight ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
You will be good to go , i have a YHM BUIS  on my bushmaster and i have the F marked front sight post ..
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You will be good to go , i have a YHM BUIS  on my bushmaster and i have the F marked front sight post ..

Just curious before I get it out to the range - did you have to crank down the front sight post quite a bit to get it to sight in properly ?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top