Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 3:05:15 PM EDT
I just got my Leupold Mark4 PR 3-9x40mm Mildot scope.... and I also got the Leupold QRW HIGH rings....

JUST the QRW HIGH rings are NOT GOOD ENOUGH....  

It mounted TOO LOW.... i had to push my cheek into my ACEFX stock until it HURTS before I can see the sight pic...

What rings do you guys use? And any rise rail?

I have a DPMS flat-top....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I also just ran into this problem. I ordered a leupold vxiii 4.5x14 30mm and the high leupold rings are much too low. I've seen a riser from gg & g that extends 2 inches over the handguard. It also raises the optics .500 so I think I could retain the purchased rings and help integrate a rear bius.

Any thoughts ?

Hope I'm not post robbing.......just had a similar concern
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar set-up so I purchased risers from Bushmaster (http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/bmas/yhm-226.asp).  I think YHM also makes some good risers.

Have you ever tried the rings/risers from ARMS? I use the #22ARMS HIGH (http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=83) on my M1A and it seems to work well for me.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Most people say a GG&G Scout Rail will work. I think so. I think all I need is another 1/2inch rise, then I'll be right there.

I found that YHM also have quality stuff, and their 227 scope rise has almost the same features as the GG&G Scout but almost 1/3 the price!  So I guess, I'll try a YHM227 for like $30.... rather than going with the $82 GG&G Scout, unless anyone of you tell me that YHM227 is not a dependable item.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top