Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:57:41 PM EDT
Anyone know if the Aimpoint ML2 fits correctly on the handle with the right sight picture for the irons if you need them?  In the past I've either bagged the irons or mounted the dot sight above them using a carry handle mount.  This is the first handle I've had with an integrated rail so any advice would be appreciated.  

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1251X&storeid=1&image=06entry.gif&CFID=10998062&CFTOKEN=43855993

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That carry handle is ninty dollars of useless fluff. Save your money and buy the rifle without the carry handle.

OK, I didn't trust my memory, so I got out the rifle, put the Tactical Carry Handle on, and mounted my Aimpoint with the factory rings. The iron sights do not sit in the lower third of the sight. They sit right down at the bottom. The sight picture sucks after you finally find the irons.

I'd sell you my Tactical Carry Handle, as I will never use it, but you seem like a nice guy. Save your money. Spend the ninety bucks on a decent flip up BUIS.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the responses and the extra effort from AR-10 there.  I already own the carry handle as it was on the RRA in a local gun shop.  I had to have it so....well....now I have it and the handle.  I'm prior service 0311 and was trained to never carry the rifle that way anyways so it's no loss.  It's not a full handle so it would be tough to use in that fashion even if I wanted to.  I got out in '91 where all we had were A2's and believe it or not I'm just now getting up to speed on the different A4 sights and mounting options.  The eotech looks cool and would seem to be my cheapest option as I could mount it right to the A4 rail.  Then I would just need a rear sight but....

I used to have an older Aimpoint and loved it so I'm leaning in that direction.  Any mounting/rear flip sight product specs and recommendations for an Aimpoint config would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I put the carry handle in the closet and mounted an Eotech directly to the rail. Flip up rear sight clear back by the charging handle. The red dot sits right on top of the front sight post.

I put regular carbine handguards on my upper. The nose of the Eotech will clear the slimmer handguards, allowing you to push the Eotech farther forward, which makes it easier to turn it on and off.

I know this isn't an Aimpoint/Eotech thread, but I have to say the Eotech gives me a much clearer sight picture. The Aimpoint obscures a lot of what I am trying to see, especially now that I put a kill flash on it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top