Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:12:50 PM EDT
I bought a m68 off of ebay and I'm not 100% sure it is the real thing. What concerns me is that the serial number info reads,

compm2 125****
made in sweden

I was under the impression all comp m2's didn't have the serial number on the first line. I read elsewhere that there are differences between the civilian version of the m68 and the military one. This one is allegedly the military version as it even came with the military issue instruction booklet, rubber lense covers, double battery upgrade, flash hider, and carrying handle mount assy. The first two clicks of the m68 aren't visible and I assume that they are the ifrared settings, but the third and fourth are slightly visible in the dark. Does this mean the third and fourth clicks aren't really the ir settings and that this is possibly just a fake with the first two settings just another off position?

Thanks for any information you guys might have. I've tried looking around on the interenet but I can't find many pictures of this part of the scope to really tell what's going on. I'm just a little concerned about my purchase.

spc wu,kyle

here is the link to the bid page
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7223491885&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
mine does say aimpoint on the scope, it's just indented about the s/n line. It isn't filled in with paint or anything though.

scp wu
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only seen about 150 or 200 genuine ones, but yours looks like the real thing to me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I like to think I am pretty good at spotting a real from a fake and yours looks like the real deal

all Aimpoints it's extremely hard to see the dot on the first couple of settings.  I don't know where the 2 NV settings are on the M2,  the M2 does not have a off setting it is constantly on
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
What you've got is one that was probably lifted from the supply room. This is how they are distributed from Picatimnny Arsenal. All will be in a white box, with QRP, forward mount, spacer, killflash, rubber lens cover. and TM. Looks like someones trying to make some money and screw Joe at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What you've got is one that was probably lifted from the supply room. This is how they are distributed from Picatimnny Arsenal. All will be in a white box, with QRP, forward mount, spacer, killflash, rubber lens cover. and TM. Looks like someones trying to make some money and screw Joe at the same time.

Not necessarily.  I believe the Aimpoints recently purchased in the group buy were packaged the same way. And if my memory serves me correctly, they were purchased by a department that went with another option. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless it was DOD, they would'nt be packeged this way. The orders go directly to Aimpoint AB in Sweden, from DOD, with a DD form 250, they are then sent directly from Sweden, via Aimpoint Inc. to DFAS Columbus or Picatinny Arsenal. Individual departments would purchase from Aimpoint dealers or Aimpoint Inc. directly, and they would be in the black box with the sight markings Comp M2, 10336, and serial number. All of the ones for the DOD will be marked Made in Sweden and serial#. Do you know exactly where the group seller got these?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Dumb crooks do crazy things to get a buck. There was a similar situation on E-bay a year or so back, that someone was selling white boxed Aimpoints, and I think that they were pursued by Aimpoint themselves. Could be that some never made their way to the supply system, and found their way to E-bay instead. I'd just hate to think that there's some Joe out there using his irons instead of the Aimpoint that he was suppose to be issued.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up an M2 on ebay a few months ago. Came with all the same accessories in the plain white box. Paid $330 delivered. I'm convinced I got a real good deal on the genuine thing.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top