Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:58:04 PM EDT
Well, I got an Eotech 512, and I have to say I should of gotten it sooner.  I love it.  I got the YHM riser after looking through it for a day.  I like it much better on the riser.  The sight picture isn't so busy.  I took it to the range and zeroed it in today, and it didn't take many rnds down range to get it there.  Some people had told me stories of it being difficult to zero.  I thought it was just as easy as any other optic I've had.  They guys that tried to sell me an Aimpoint sad that the Eotech was ugly.  I think it looks just fine.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my 551 but who am I to say, I just bought an Aimpoint M2 today "just to try out"
Let the battles begin...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
In the spirit of AR15.com, I have both an EOTech and an Aimpoint.  I picked up the EOTech new and the Aimpoint used.  All I can say is that I like them both.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
"They guys that tried to sell me an Aimpoint sad that the Eotech was ugly."

Picking equipment based on looks..... I find that shit funny. May or may not work as advertised.... But damn you look good I'd strap a turd to my upper if it would improve my skils. Good choice to go w/ instincts & not listening to the gun store commandos. -Justin
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Picking equipment based on looks..... I find that shit funny. May or may not work as advertised.... But damn you look good I'd strap a turd to my upper if it would improve my skils. Good choice to go w/ instincts & not listening to the gun store commandos. -Justin

My favorite is the 350 pound ex. Seal, Delta Force, SOCOM, Ranger, (insert special force here) who claims product X is the best because he used it back in Nam .    

Also, I will take function over looks any day of the week.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

(Most) Women buy things based on looks first, function second or not at all.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I am pretty fond of mine.  Was worth every penny.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I picked the Eotech b/c I liked the optic itself for what I was looking for at this point in time.  I plan on getting a Aimpoint ML2 for my other build.  Going to fill out my form 1 for my ugly SBR.  The Eotech will more than likely go on the SBR and the Aimpoint will go on the midlength.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my 551 and 552 on my 2 Bushmasters. They are deadly f*cking accurate. Congrats to ya.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice stick Wes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top