BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:07:07 PM EDT
Anyone have any experiance with their scopes i'm looking at one of their 5x33's
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I am using an ATN 4-12x60LU  It is very Heavy, very solid. The glass is not the best but the yellow tint actually helps with the High Sun here. I have been looking at the 5X33LU. I am leaning towards a Valdada IOR's M2 4x24 Tactical scope>
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
save a bit more and buy good glass and quality made parts..you will not regret spending a little more in the long run
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I originally looked at the ATN 5x33....but in the end I bought an IOR 4x M2 for 223.

The ATN is much heavier, and bulkier. I didn't like the glass. Blurry compared to the IOR. The tint was disgusting too, and this is comparing it to the tint on the IOR (newer IOR's did away with the tint)

The IOR is far and away a supeior optic in my opinion. It has a great bullet drop compensator and quality turrets with nice positive clicks. IOR uses glass by Schott which is the same glass used by Zeiss. My goal was to find a "budget" range-finding/bullet drop compensating optic (ACOG was out of my range pricewise)...which is why the ATN came up, but the IOR is worth the extra $130.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
ATN = Crapola.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ATN = Crapola.

why??

is it like this??   ian187 =  moron bandwidth waster
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like the looks of the prizim scope [the model escapes me]  but it seems like a solution looking for a problem...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an ATN 5X33 about a month or so ago.  I didn't even mount it on a gun.  Just looking through the sight I could see that it had way excessive paralax, so I returned it.   Very heavy, too.  Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ATN = Crapola.

why??

is it like this??   ian187 =  moron bandwidth waster

ATN scopes are complete junk. Occasionally they fuck up and send out a good example but it is pretty rare. I have yet to see one in person that wasn't a mess needing to be returned.

If you think I am wasting bandwidth then prove me wrong by buying one and doing a four square tracking test with it. I'll put money on it not passing the test.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
ATN=Junk.  Get an IOR Scope
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Plain and simple...  The 5x33L model specifically is nearly as yellow as looking through a scope with those cheap scope covers on that come with some rifles that have the yellow plastic lens on one end and clear plastic on the other.

I owned a 5x33LU, and it wasn't bad, but it was heavy.  I sold it.
Later, I thought "well, I won't mind a heavy scope on this rifle", so I bought a 5x33L on the EE.  YELLOW!   Condition was not as advertised either, so I sent it back to the guy for a refund.

The ATN scopes also seem to be painted with cheap truck bed paint.  The rings cut into the finish and then it starts to peel.  

Do yourself a favor, and don't buy one.  If you do, you WILL regret it.  Get the IOR.  It's shorter, lighter, clearer, brighter, and the resale value is a lot better.  You can buy a brand new ATN for $200, but you can barely get $100 out of it when you try to sell it on the EE.  An IOR on the other hand can be bought for $333.50 from Mike @ CS Gunworks (above) and if you don't like it, you can sell it for $275 - $300.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top