AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 8:53:38 AM EDT
anyone know if it will work?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about a Aimpoint etc. mounted with the arms 16 on the carry handle?  If so I have a Aimpoint mounted on my Colt carry handle with this mount and it works just fine.  Really solid.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
the spot is an aim point clone"iam poor right now "

i just wanted to know if it would work with with the spot sight..

i belive its a 30mm sight

ya iam lookin at that mount for my carry handle.

i dont want to swap my upper just yet...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the spot is an aim point clone"iam poor right now "

i just wanted to know if it would work with with the spot sight..

i belive its a 30mm sight

By a spot you mean a red dot correct?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
ya spot is the brand name
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ya spot is the brand name

Thanks, I haven't been keeping up I guess.   I just checked one and it came with a mount(not carry handle).  
My son was in the same financial position as you and he bought a Tacpoint and a ARMS 2 mount.  I am not comparing the TacPoint with the Spot because I have no idea which is better.  I am thinking about the mount and future use.  My son used one on his carry handle for over a year and many K rounds and the set up held zero.   The ARMS 16 is a great mount but if you decide to put a scope or other optic on you will have to buy another mount.  I prefer the look of the #16 mount but if I wanted to be practical I would get the ARMS 2EX,  the extended version of the ARMS 2. ithttp://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/arms_mounts/2EXTENDED.  
I probalbly will get flamed for this but some time ago I was placing a large order and saw a ProMag mount like the ARMS 2  EX for about $12.  Since the shipping on the order was free I bought one to check it out.  I just dug it up and put it on a carry handle and it seems fine.  It didn't fit as tight as the ARMS (had to almost force the ARMS in) but I tightened it up and it seems secure.  Possibly someone will chime in and give you their opinion.  Its the Promag PM100.  If you want to know where I got it I will check my invoices and let you know.
BTW, you might try the Equipment Exchange.  Sometimes there are some really good buys there.  Let us know how you make out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks man
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I think he is talking about the "Superior Precision Optical Technologies" S.P.O.T. scope.  I remember reading na artical about this scope buy a guy who torture tests optics for fun and writes about it in ar15.com.  he dose stuf like throw the whole rifle 30 feet in the air and then check to see if it holds zero.  I wish i could find the article as he liked it a lot
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
found it:

S.P.O.T. torture
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think he is talking about the "Superior Precision Optical Technologies" S.P.O.T. scope.  I remember reading na artical about this scope buy a guy who torture tests optics for fun and writes about it in ar15.com.  he dose stuf like throw the whole rifle 30 feet in the air and then check to see if it holds zero.  I wish i could find the article as he liked it a lot

Yep, I remember reading that.  It was kind of funny just reading what he put things through.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it is a pretty horrific display of "gun violence"
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#12]
i just read it and it made me cringe seeing an AR flying like a bird!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top