Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:55:15 PM EDT
I picked up an older Aimpoint Comp, first edition sight, would guess 93-94 build, decent shape, how does this sight compare to the newer Comps, I know it's not NV compatiable, not a big deal. I was wondering it the newer style adjustment covers and lens covers will work on this older sight? I have it mounted on an ARMS Comp II M68 carry handle mount and is currently sitting on my Colt 9mm AR. I am not sure what the dot size is, but would guess maybe 5-6 MOA?
TIA
Mark
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
well, i picked up a used comp ml and i love it.  i know its not the latest or greatest in the aimpoint family, but it works for me.  aimpoint has the owners man on their site if you need it, thye can also answer your question about the caps.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Unable to send an IM to WMHM4 about the lens covers, will take them off your hands, shoot me an e-mail  at [email protected].
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The caps will fit as far as the diameter goes, but be careful not to push them on so far that they extend beyond the gap between the two parts of the front "bell".  That could cause some difficulties with adjustment because of the way the older sights were built.

Mike.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top