Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:19:03 PM EDT
Hey folks,

I was looking at the IOR Valdada CQB reticle, and wondering if any of you guys can explain to me how this thing works:

What are the 5, 10, and 15 marks ? What is the circle and '3' out to the left of the reticle ?

The description states the following:

"The new 3x25 compact tactical scope is IOR's first model designed especially for AR15/M16-series weapons."

"The 3x25 tactical scope is not caliber-specific; It's 1/4 min. adjustment system provides precise windage and elevetion corrections on small arms in most sizes and calibers."

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Donut in middle is for quick acquisition.  The 5-10-15 scale is in mils.  The small circles are 10" at 3, 4, 5, and 600 yd.  The center circle is 10" at 100yd across, and half of it is (obviously) 10" at 200 measuring from the inside to the inside.  10" is approx. head size for ranging purposes.  Outside to outside, the donut is 18" at 100yds, approximately shoulder size.

I have this reticle on all three of my IOR scopes and it rocks.  They also have a new CQB reticle out that is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Phoebus.

What barrel sizes do you have those CQB scopes on ?

Do the scopes come with instructions on the proper use of the reticle ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 3x25, the 4x24 M2 w/ the BDC cam, and the 1,1-4x.  I use them all on my 20" M16A4 SDMR in Iraq right now, and when I had an M4 before I became SDM I used the 3x25 on the 14.5".  The scopes all came with reticle instructions,

I think the 4x24 M2 is the best bang-for-your buck in scopes.  You can find them for about $330, and it's very fast to range with the reticle and dial in the BDC cam, which is pre-calibrated for M855.  The thing is build like a tank also.

The 3x25 is a great ACOG substitute, especially once they start putting the new reticle in it, which has the BDC in the reticle.

The glass on these is Schott, and it is awesome.

Talk to Mike at CS GunWorks if you're looking for IOR stuff.  I got mine from Green Mountain Tactical because they gave me a huge deployment discount.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info Phoebus.
You've sold me on that reticle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top