Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:35:10 PM EDT
What does everyone recommend as far as dot size on the new Aimpoint?

IIRC, the M2 is 4 MOA.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Scott,

I own the ML3 with 2 MOA dot. I'm not Mr. CQB, as I prefer targets at a distance of 100+ yards. I shoot a 20" barrel on my AR, and I shoot M1A. Both rifles are scoped with something magnified so I can reach out and touch something.

I put the ML3 on a 16" barrel. I chose 2 MOA because, as you can see by my preferences, the dot covers less of a target at a distance. 2 MOA is 2" at 100 yards and 4" at 200 yards. Now, I might not shoot a red dot at 200 yards, but you can see my reasoning. I tend to prefer as much pin-point aiming as I can get, so the 4 MOA was just too fat for me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:55:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 4moa ML2 on my M4gery that I liked but it makes plinking small plates at distance a bit more difficult.  I switched to a 2MOA ML3, have no issue with speed at CQB distance but it is obviously better for target acquisition at longer range.  Now I have the ML2 on the SBR 9mm and all is well!

Just depends on your application and preference.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top