Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT

I want an EOTech, but I want a simple, yet rugged, fixed BUIS with an offset co-witness.  I want to use one of the EE dealers when I buy, so it is something relatively available.

About the time I think I have this figured out, I get confused.  I have read the stinkin FAQ's and sitckies till my freaking head hurts.  I must be optically challenged.

I have a Colt M4 16" flat top upper.

I know some of yall can recite this stuff in your sleep.  Help. What mount and what rear BUIS ?

thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If you just want a FIXED rear BUIS, and you won't be fooling with magnification, swapping optics, etc. later on, then I highly recommend the Rock River Arms Dominator.  Fixed rear A2 buis and EOTech riser built in.  It should run you around $130 from a board supporting dealer.

I've got one on a dedicated EOTech carbine, and everyone who's played with it likes it.  It's definitely "simple".  One piece, mount it and leave it.

Your other quality option is the Larue fixed rear and LaRue EOTech mount, but that will be closer to $200 and subject to availability.  What that buys you is QD for the EO, QD for the rear sight, and the flexibility to remove one or the other to add magnification or swap optics.  

Option 3 is fixed rear of your choice and a YHM riser, but I'm not sold on those yet.  I prefer my Dominator (Gen2).
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That was to the point.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the RRA Dominator... I went from having the Eo mounted on the flattop with a folding rear to using the Dominator and I am sold. I wouldn't go back. I don't switch optics so I didn't see the need to spend the extra money for the QD feature.  The mount is solid and I have  irons that are adjustable to 600meters if I need them.

T
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of the LaRue BUIS for a fixed sight.  Very tough, simple, the lever allows perfect return to zero, but the sight can be removed easily if needed.

My EOTechs rest on LaRue mounts, which give co-witness in the lower part of the display and allow for a quick/easy removal, with a rock solid return to zero.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have the LaRue in stock right now?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to do an absolute co-witness I suggest the LMT fixed BUIS and the EoTech with no riser.  Leave the 0-2 aperture up and look through it to use the dot.  I tried that setup before and it worked well.  If the EoTech goes out, you're already using your irons.  I'm using Aimpoint/ARMS setup now with the same BUIS and it works really well too, but it cowitnesses in the lower third.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does anyone have the LaRue in stock right now?

Wes at MSTN.biz does.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you want to do an absolute co-witness I suggest the LMT fixed BUIS and the EoTech with no riser.  Leave the 0-2 aperture up and look through it to use the dot.  I tried that setup before and it worked well.  If the EoTech goes out, you're already using your irons.  I'm using Aimpoint/ARMS setup now with the same BUIS and it works really well too, but it cowitnesses in the lower third.  MJD

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
This is simple and works very well.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
tag

here ya go!!

]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag

here ya go!!

www.aafp.org/afp/20010701/77_f11.jpg

WTF?

Is that a hemorrhoid or someting?

Sick fuck!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Bubba, here ya go

Back on topic now

I like the ARMS 40L.  It's little, light, stays out of the way, and holds zero very well.  I use the EoTech 99.999% of the time, so I like BUIS that doesn't get in the way or weigh me down
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag

here ya go!!

www.aafp.org/afp/20010701/77_f11.jpg

WTF?

Is that a hemorrhoid or someting?

Sick fuck!

Sorry, a friend emailed that link to me today.  Been waiting to use it.

It is a pic of an anal skin tag from the American Academy of Family Practice web site.

Will the LaRue mount and the 552 clear M4 handguards?

IIRC, it will.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, but you'd have to do that with a LaRue foreend like WES did.  I can't align my DD perfectly enough for that "bridge."

Wes-  Have you seen or heard of any problems with the older DD FF locking ring being too big and getting in the way of an Eotech overhanging the upper?  I think I would need to torque mine down a little bit more to move the "flats" a little to get one a little more out of the way...

Do you know if DD has some sort of program where I can swap my old FF foreend for a new one with new locking ring?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OR YOU COULD TRY SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/DSCN1410.jpg

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

If you want a fixed buis LMT is the way to go.  The Larue fixed is nice as well.

I use TROY (but they aren't fixed)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, but you'd have to do that with a LaRue foreend like WES did.  I can't align my DD perfectly enough for that "bridge."

Wes-  Have you seen or heard of any problems with the older DD FF locking ring being too big and getting in the way of an Eotech overhanging the upper?  I think I would need to torque mine down a little bit more to move the "flats" a little to get one a little more out of the way...

Do you know if DD has some sort of program where I can swap my old FF foreend for a new one with new locking ring?

YOU CAN'T DO THIS WITH THE D-D HANDGUARD NUT, I DO NOT THINK. OR KNIGHT'S, EITHER.

I WAS SURPRISED I COULD DO IT WITH THE LARUE, REALLY.

I DOUBT D-D WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SUCH A PROGRAM, REALLY. IF YOU WERE THEM, WOULD YOU? ; )

WES

Maybe if I didn't want Joe R buying a LaRue next...

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top