Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:45:36 AM EDT
Guys,

1st of all, you will need to forgive my ignorance because I've never actually used any optics on an AR before, so I really need some very basic advice!  My buddy bought one of these Aimpoints as a B-day gift to himself, and his wife bought him an EOTech at the same time!  Anyhow...he didn't need both and is letting me "test drive" the Aimpoint before I buy it.  

Getting to my point, I'd like to mount this on a fairly standard A2 upper and be able to co-witness the iron sights.  I like the ARMS setups, and I THINK that I'd like to get a #39 rail.  Anybody with any comments?  Will this work?  Is this rail pretty good quality?  What ARMS mount would I need with the #39 to co-witness?

Thanks for the help, guys!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
should work fine though you might need a spacer for the arms mount, not sure though
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You may as well buy the flattop upper now.  The $95 will be well spent when you look back on it.

If you feel the goose neck is really how you want to do it, the ARMS #39 ($130) is probably one of the better ways to do it.

Another option would be to get a FF rail system, and drop the Aimpoint on the rail.

I seriously thought about buying a flattop and going that route, but I would need to buy a rear set of irons then.  Those are kinda pricey, too.  

Thanks for the comment on the FF rail system.  I never thought about that.  Any ideas on brand or a website to look at?

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#4]
a flat top upper and rear buis would allow for a greater option when mounting optics and would be cheaper or equal to the mounts you plan on purchasing.

check either the equipment exchange or industry forum for different dealers and what they offer, i personally like larue tactical freefloats.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Guys,

1st of all, you will need to forgive my ignorance because I've never actually used any optics on an AR before, so I really need some very basic advice!  My buddy bought one of these Aimpoints as a B-day gift to himself, and his wife bought him an EOTech at the same time!  Anyhow...he didn't need both and is letting me "test drive" the Aimpoint before I buy it.  

Getting to my point, I'd like to mount this on a fairly standard A2 upper and be able to co-witness the iron sights.  I like the ARMS setups, and I THINK that I'd like to get a #39 rail.  Anybody with any comments?  Will this work?  Is this rail pretty good quality?  What ARMS mount would I need with the #39 to co-witness?

Thanks for the help, guys!

The A.R.M.S.® #39™ A2 Plus Mount with a A.R.M.S.® #22M68™ Throw Lever® Ring works great on my A2 and Aimpoint. Completely satisfied with the sturdiness and construction quality of the A.R.M.S pieces.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top