Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:37:26 AM EDT
Using standard A2 fsp, EoTech 511 on a LaRue riser mount, what would you all select for a rear fold down BUIS?  Any opinions?  I cannot decide between the Troy or the Arms.  Hopefully you all will have experiences to share.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned both and prefer the design of the Troy BUIS--I like the positive lock of the Troy when in the upright position.  It also seems more rugged to me, IMHO.  

On another note, they are back up sights and either one will get the job done.

ETA:  If you go with the Troy, make sure it has the upgraded clamp to avoid canting issues.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I just recived the LaRue BUIS.  It is not a flip up BUIS but it works great and you do not even notice the rear site when you look through the eotech.  I have the BUIS set with the large aperture up and it is easy to look through this aperture to see the eotech, you do not even know you are looking through a aperture because all you focus on is the red dot.  I was hesitant on a fixed BUIS as well but really like the LaRue fixed.  

As a positive feedback for LaRue the site came very quickly and is built extremely well.  I am very satisfied with my choice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've owned both and prefer the design of the Troy BUIS--I like the positive lock of the Troy when in the upright position.  It also seems more rugged to me, IMHO.  

On another note, they are back up sights and either one will get the job done.

ETA:  If you go with the Troy, make sure it has the upgraded clamp to avoid canting issues.

I also chose the Troy due to the positive up lock.

However, I know several people who also prefer the ARMS instead.

Personal preference I suppose.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Matech. I like mine. Try eBay.  You could also go to a gun show to examine the Troy and ARMS firsthand.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The ARMS and Troy are both good choices. Now that Troy seems to have fixed the canting problem, I'd have no hesitation about buying one.

I use an ARMS 40L.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#6]
ARMS 40.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I like my Troy Ind. F/R BUIS', a very rugged and well made design....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Using standard A2 fsp, EoTech 511 on a LaRue riser mount, what would you all select for a rear fold down BUIS?  Any opinions?  I cannot decide between the Troy or the Arms.  Hopefully you all will have experiences to share.

The beauty of the LaRue EOtech mount is that you can go for a fixed BUIS and it wont interfere with your view at all. You just drop your eye a few mm and you're looking through the irons at the bottom of the EO window. I have the Troy, but that is ONLY because I sometimes swap my EOtech out for a 10x scope. If I was only using the EOtech, I would have gotten a fixed BUIS like the LaRue. (Actually, if I never planned on swapping my optic, I would have saved a bunch and just gotten the RRA dominator riser/buis combo). As is, I leave my Troy sight in the up position 24x7 when I'm using the EOtech.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I still swear by the KAC 300M for a backup, but I can't find a dealer who has them right now.  A buddy of mine is sick of the issue Matech and envies mine.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I still swear by the KAC 300M for a backup, but I can't find a dealer who has them right now.  A buddy of mine is sick of the issue Matech and envies mine.

There was a member selling five of them in the EE recently for $75 each (I bought 2 and like them alot). Just keep looking.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like my KAC 300 m too.

If it's not available at the EE try these couple of ARFCOM dealers, they currently have them in stock.

www.operationparts.com/index.html

www.eaglefirearms.net/
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top