Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:33:50 AM EDT
I'm thinking about buying a GG&G MAD rear BUIS. I've noticed that Model 1 Sales has a rear sight that looks just like the GG&G piece, but for about $40 less. Anyone have any experience with the M1S sight? Any thoughts on the GG&G MAD? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The holes are different sizes I believe. I had the GG&G it was okay, I switched to a SWAN 40L.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
$40 less?  Probably the knockoff made by ASA.  I have a GG&G made MAD, its profile is rather tall, which forces me to mount an ACOG two rails forward towards the muzzle.  The portion that contains the aperturers is also kind of big, blocking quite a bit of the view down range.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep coming back to the MAD b/c of the way the aperature housing is. You can stow it with either selected and it is very low-pro. I've seen an ASA knock-off before but I didn't get a chance to shoot it. I'd spring for the extra $40, the sights are not where you typically want to cut corners IMO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top