Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 11:03:39 PM EDT
I've seen MSTN's pic of the LMT/LT setup, with the LT riser extending onto the Daniel Defense rail, but didn't run across much else in searching the site or archives.

I already have a DD rail and LMT sight, and am asking for anyone else's experiences (good or bad) with this setup before plunking down the cash.  Still debating about going with an Aimpoint 4MOA instead, but that's a topic that's been done to death.

Anyone have issues fitting the riser on both the upper & DD rail?
Possible to for the LT riser and LMT sight to fit on the upper w/o using the rail?
YHM riser with Accucam as an alternative?
If you suggest slapping the EO right onto the rail, remember that this is a fixed BUIS and I want to see the reticle without looking through the rear sight.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I ran an Eotech out on the rail (Troy) using a Larue Eotech mount and an Eotech BUIS (same height as the LMT) and it's worked very well.  I've totally rebuilt this M4 now an am using an Aimpoint on a Larue mount further back on the reciever.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you suggest slapping the EO right onto the rail, remember that this is a fixed BUIS and I want to see the reticle without looking through the rear sight.

Thanks in advance.

I have the EO directly on the flat top with the LMT BUIS.  It is not as distracting as it sounds.  Plus just lifting my head a fraction allows me to see over the rear sight and still see the reticle.  I say try it like that before spending money on LT mount.  If you do not like, you can always buy the LT later.  It is a personal preference.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I have been reluctant to try mounting directly after having had some difficulty with an Aimpoint sitting too low (for my eyes), even with their spacer in the QRP mount.  Part of that may have been the 2x magnification, but it seemed distracting.

When you lift your head to see over the LMT, what impact does it have on the reticle's location? Still sits right on the front sight post, or does it appear to rise up a bit?  Also, how much headroom does this give you before your sightline is too high & blocked by the Eo's hood?

Thx
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top