Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
Ok, So I go to the local gunshop to by a .45, and ended up buying a Bushmaster Carbon 15 flattop (dont' ask me how that happened h.gif).  I normally collect and shoot older (sometimes over 100 years old) milsurps and they have no optics.  Fish outa water.  So, I have been looking and lurking around here for a few days and decided I would rather have something 3x or 4x with a lighted recticle, without going nuts with the $$ and am considering an I.O.R. Valdada 4x.  It seems to have what I want.  Can anybody here suggest anything else in that price/feature range?  And what kind of mounts? I.O.R.'s or...  I know little about mounts.  This would be for target plinking at the local range, and with my 40 something eyes, a little magnification would be nice after squinting at military V notches for years.

Lois
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope... I think you picked a good one right out of the gate.  That makes you two for two in my book.

Any other option fitting your criteria will either cost  a lot more or suck.

You can't go wrong with using IOR rings on an IOR scope...  and you can get all of that from Mike at CS Gunsworks

Welcome to ARFCOM (hey, that's three for three counting your choice of websites)
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't beat IOR for the price/durability/performance ratios.  I use them in Iraq, and they've passed every test throw at 'em.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can't beat IOR for the price/durability/performance ratios.  I use them in Iraq, and they've passed every test throw at 'em.

Which reticle do you have in your IOR?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top