Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:24:57 PM EDT
I had a chance to testfire a new Smith Wesson AR15.  The gun was the Tactical model.  Gun shot great.  But the sales rep had a Meprolight optic on it.  It did not use batteries.  Uses fiber optics during the daylight and tritium for low light.  I liked it ok.  He said the Israel Military has been using this for a few years.

Anyone have any experience with this?  

How does it compare with an Aimpoint Comp ML2?  Especially as far as holding a zero or durability?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a mepro reflex and like it.  The rail mount that came with it puts the irons in the lower third, and this is an older version.  It has external adjustments and one time it snagged on a branch real hard and was supporting my weight plus momentum which damaged the adjustments.  It was still useable, but not ideal.  It could be moved by hand from side to side which sounds horrible, but was still making 100yd shots with as much as a 10" group using a 4 moa dot.  I sent it back to Kimber and they sent me a new one.
I didn't  have the aimpoint long enough to abuse it, and I kept the reflex because I use it for outside work, I think if it was for urban I would have kept the aimpoint.

The aimpoint will not wash out because it has adjustable brightness where the reflex will.
What you don't hear about is, the aimpoint will wash out too when you don't have time to adjust the brightness and it's set at what you thought was ideal.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top