Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 2:19:32 PM EDT
I am in the market for a throw lever mount for my ACOG and my EoTech 551. I like the looks and large throw lever on the AccuCam mount and have heard many good things about the Larue. They will both be for my flat top AR

Does anyone have any info on the GG&G mounts and how the "hold zero"?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
from the looks of the gg&g mount i would go with either larue or arms and between larue and arms i would choose larue.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought two Larue QD mounts (LT100 for ACOG TA01 and LT139 for SS 10X42M). They are expensive but are very well made and they hold zero perfectly on my 20" M4. At the range I switch them back and forth depending on the distance I am shooting.
I know that when I need another QD mount I will buy from Larue again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on the thread title...
IBTL!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
? - Why
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I always figured LaRue had to be high priced stuff because it was the "in" thing...  Then I bought an SPR-E mount.  It was a fully functional work of art!  I can't say enough good things about it.  I was just amazed at how well made and how well thought out it was.  I would go with LaRue any day over the GG&G stuff.

Oh, and I typed all that just so I could add this...

Welcome to the boards
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the Larue EOtech QD mount. The best there is IMO, the new one's come with a lock on the throw lever, not shown in the pic

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to go with Larue if only because the throw-lever is adjustable.  Far too many rails are out of spec and will fit very loose with any other mount.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
OK - sounds like the LaRue is the way to go. Where is the best place to pick these up? Most places I have called are out of stock..
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I JUST bought a GG&G Accucam cantilevered mount for my new Aimpoint M3, last week.  It is extremely well machined and IS adjustable for worn or out of spec rails one may have on their flat top rifle.

GG&G's website also indicates the unit is returnable to within one half MOA.  Now, tell me you're gonna notice that little bit of difference with an EOtech or an Aimpoint at any reasonable distance.

I know the gang here seems to prefer Larue.  I'm guessing it's good stuff but I'm very happy with my GG&G.  YMMV.

Best regards,
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
? - Why

Because Grant Timberlake can't play nice with Dick Swan. Don't let that turn you off from him though, Grant's a cool dood.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my Accucam!  The Larue piece is a riser, which you may not want.  It also has an even higher section of rail behind where the optic would mount which I had no use for, in addition to being in the way to mount a back-up iron sight.  I bought an Accucam and a 1/4" Yankee Hill Machine riser for cheaper than the Larue mount and I don't regret it at all.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]
how is it in the way of mounting the BUIS
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
That looks okay, though I prefer to have mine up further so I can grab the charging handle more easily even with it folded down.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You move your iron sight forward to get it out of the way of the charging handle? AR's use peep, or ghost ring sights. In order for them to work well, they need to be close to your eye.

It works just fine.  I tried it mounted in the furthest back notch, which would get it closer to the eye and make a longer sight radius but when the sight is folded it makes the charging handle harder to grab.  I compromised.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top