Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:33:50 AM EDT
I posted in the FAL forum, but didn't do a good description, so I'll try again here. Thanks for any help you can give.

What I'm trying to do- Mount an IOR 4x24 scope

on my FAL SA58 Para so that I can still use the para flip rear sight without dismounting the scope, yet have quick dismount feature.

Background- I have a Bushnell 3200 scope mounted on YHM 1/2" risers on my AR. I removed it Saturday and used it on my FAL while I was zeroing the iron sights. I can use the para flip rear sight with the scope mounted since there is a cutout under the risers that lets you look down the rail with no problem. (I'm using the lower one- you should be able to see the slot where you can see through it- stainless would be better visually!

The setup isn't perfect for the FAL because the rear riser doesn't quite line up with the rail- I was able to use 3 of 4 mounting bolts, which was ok. This let me see how the FAL was patterning at 100 yards without having to use a spotting scope, But I don't want to be switching the Bushnell back and forth.

Alternative 1: IOR QD High rings

Does anyone use these on a FAL, and can you use your Para sights through the oval holes below the rings? What about cheek weld. These look like you might have to raise your head, but they might be actually lower than my Bushnell setup, which is ok, but could be lower.

Alternative 2: a quick dismount riser with the ability to see thru it like my YHM. I would use some lower rings and hopefully be ok.

Alternative 3- take my FAL to Texas and see the guys at SWFA personally.

I hope you can follow this. It's perfectly clear- to me!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top