Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:43:18 PM EDT
I recently mounted a very solid one piece mount on my 20' flat top, with built in rings. I mounted an inexpensive Simmons 3x9 50mm objective scope. My question is this; has anyone out there used this mount? . Will it return to zero if removed with the scope still installed on the mount?

This rifle will mostly be used at the range only but might be pressed into service on patrol as a DMR if someone was to disturb my calm
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
if you can duplicate the exact mounting spot and torque value then yes
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, any idea on how to determine my torgue value? The mount attaches using two large slotted head screws
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
torque wrench.

whith the cost of that might as well get a mount that is guaranteed to do so to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Well it won't come off much if ever. The only bad thing is the KAC BUIS otw to me won't mount the B Square takes up all the rail .
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a b-square 1 piece mount on a colt flat top AR   and while i have never removed it i love it  it repeatedly holds zero    after  3-4 years of having it, and its not holding a cheapy scope its a leupold VX-III  6.5-20     and i will be purchasing another b-square mount for the grendel i plan on building.   Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a b-square mount for my colt flat top as well, and I want to buy it but I don't know alot about scopes.  Will this mount accept pretty much any scope?  Say a burris, or nikon and are most scopes the same diameter.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]
you just have to know the tube diameter (30mm or 1")  and you should be good.    im not sure what you found them for but they do have them at midwayUSA
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top