Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 1:07:03 PM EDT
Well, I received my new midlength upper receiver that I purchased a short while back and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.  I haven't made up my final opinion on the upper yet because I'm still breaking and sighting it in.

When the FedEx guy showed up with it, the box was all beat to heck and I'm thinking, "Oh great..."  So, I sign for the package and open it up for inspection.  The whole upper was stuffed inside of a box that was padded with newspaper and the upper itself was wrapped tightly in bubble wrap.

I unwrapped the thing and started giving it a once-over and everything looked pretty good at first glance.  I took it downstairs and fit it to my DPMS lower and it was a really really nice fit.  I look through the sights and WHAT THE HECK!??  The whole FSP was bent over to the left!!!  I had a buddy of mine coming out to shoot that weekend and it was Friday so it pissed me off a little but I had planned on purchasing and EOTech holographic sight for it anyway and at least I could get the feel of it.

Well, fast-forward to the present.  I logged into Midway USA's web site a while back and looked at front posts and saw something that I never knew (but probably should have known) existed.  DPMS makes a DCM "match" FSP that's like at 0.05 in width!?  I went ahead and ordered that and the standard size FSP and they arrived today.  I thought I'd ask you all if any of you have replaced your FSP with anything like this?

I kind of like the fact that it's a little thinner but I just don't know ...  Will it make for a screwy co-witness with the EOTech?

I also saw some cross-haired FSP's but I thought they were butt ugly.  I guess function trumps looks more often than not but I still didn't care for them.  Also saw a few tritium front posts that looked kinda neat but, why?

Oh, why not call the vendor and ask him about the FSP?  Dunno.  Wasn't that big of a deal I guess in the grand scheme of things.  I wasn't going to get bent out of shape for a small item like that especially when I got a free upgrade BUIS when the one they had was out of stock.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top