Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:24:48 AM EDT
First off, I'm a total AR newb so let me apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.

I've got a Bushmaster A3 16" post ban.  I really only use it as a plinker but thought it would be fun to add some optics of some sort.  I don't want anything that's too bulky.

Can I find something that will hold zero for under $100?

I've looked at some over at aimsurplus but don't know anything about optics.  I've read over a lot of the threads on AR15.com but still don't know what would be decent.

Any help would be appreciated.  If you have some sub-$100 optics on your AR and would like to share your thoughts and possibly pics, please do.

Thanks.

-Kid
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
has anyone tryed one of these ncstar red dots?

ncstar link
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The SPOT scope is about the best bang for the buck these days (as range optics go).

I was going to suggest just that, even though it's 50% higher than $100.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
are you looking for a reddot or a magnified optic?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
S.P.O.T. for $149 is a great scope. Just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it is a miracle for 55-year-old eyes. I sighted it in at 25 meters and was shooting like a pro, for sure better than I did in the Nam. Then took some shots from 10 meters and had to aim just a little high to compensate. I'm looking forward to trying them at 100 meters-plus.

Highly recommended but had trouble finding them all sold out. I got it from www.scopemounts.com.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry make that Web site www.mountsplus.com for the SPOT.
hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
S.P.O.T. for $149 is a great scope. Just bought one a couple of weeks ago and it is a miracle for 55-year-old eyes. I sighted it in at 25 meters and was shooting like a pro, for sure better than I did in the Nam. Then took some shots from 10 meters and had to aim just a little high to compensate. I'm looking forward to trying them at 100 meters-plus.

Ben,
If you zeroed at 25M and shoot at 100M you'll find the rounds will be some 6+ inches high.  You might want to rezero at 50y prior to going to 100.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

well I am hyjacking but I am looking for a tubeless reflex type.
hippie.gif
I am also interested in a decent 300 meter target scope but the more I reserch the more I find I do not know
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well I am hyjacking but I am looking for a tubeless reflex type.
hippie.gif
I am also interested in a decent 300 meter target scope but the more I reserch the more I find I do not knowhr

EoTech or Trijicon RX.  

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com

yea I am aware of those.. very few problems money can't solve...I was looking or a cheeper out
[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#12]
for thrifty price scopes you can try NcSTAR scope, the quality is moderate but the price is good. you can get it from ebay, amazon and some other website www.combatopitcal.com (I think it only carry NcSTAR products.  good luck
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Yea I spent about $70 on an Ncstar I had it replaced.  The dot and recitals are real blurry and not perpendicular.  I sent it back to Ncstar and the gave me a new one same thing.  I might as well duct tape a plastic cup to my upper and use a red sharpie to make a dot
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I decided not to go cheap and got an eotech.  ;)

-Kid
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Great choice  I love mine.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top