Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:15:44 PM EDT
If anyone's interested, I discovered that the Sunguard Killflash ARD size 6 (I think) fits pretty tightly into the Leica Geovid 10X42 binoculars. These are the anti-reflection devices that are designed to be used inside the flip open scope caps.
I don't know if I would leave them there permanently as it is a friction fit and one could be lost, but for a SHTF scenario where you wanted to minimize detection these could be quite convenient to have in your kit and only take a split second to install.  
Also, the friction fit keeps you from having to use those flip up covers (Butler Creed, Quake) with their ledges that snare on everything when hanging around your neck.
I may modify the outer ring to be a little less deep so that they would sit even further into the body of the binoculars, possibly increasing security, however for more permanent use, thin strips of waterproof doublesided tape around the body of the rear part of the ARD would be suffcient.

Laser rangefinder performance seems totally unafected by the ARD's presence and image brightness, even at night, is still excellent.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top