Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:47:35 AM EDT
Whats your experience with Leapers Scopes?

Leapers

Thanks
-Dev
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Send me 6 bucks and I'll send you one to see for yourself.  Will be the cheapest education you ever bought.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Which one did you get?

-Dev
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which one did you get?

-Dev

Carry handle mount 4 power colt clone.  

Save your money and get a Leupold.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The last Leapers scope I had ended up in the range trash can.

Save your money for something better.

ETA Mine also was the 4X colt clone. Thing would not hold zero for anything. You could have the mount tight, the weapon in a vise, crosshairs on target, and still see the point of impact wander accross the target in half-inch increments. Big POS.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The last Leapers scope I had ended up in the range trash can.

Save your money for something better.

ETA Mine also was the 4X colt clone. Thing would not hold zero for anything. You could have the mount tight, the weapon in a vise, crosshairs on target, and still see the point of inpact wander accross the target in half-inch increments. Big POS.

Yup.

If you don't believe us, pay the freight and see for yourself.  They really do suck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#6]
You
Get
What
You
Pay
For

or

"There's a sucker born every minute" (P.T. Barnum)

If you want a mil-spec tactical scope with turrent knobs, 1/8 MOA  per click, matte black and ready to to use for sniping right out of the box for only $29.95 , go right ahead.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to voice up here.  There are Leapers clones out there made in China, (big surprize) that come in packaging that is also a clone of Leapers.  If you dont know where the scope is coming from dont buy it.   It has also been suggested that dishonest sellers are swapping the clones for the real ones and reselling them.  You can buy them for $9.99 on e-bay and most of the sellers do not put Replicia in the descriptions...some do.  If its from China its a display mount only period.

I own two Leapers and I have never had a problem with either on a .223 M4 and SKS 7.62x39... would I put one on a 308....NO   hahahaha

I have the T28 and T168, both are designed for slight to moderate recoil.  Well within my application.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Leapers Clones? Leapers ARE clones. They are all made in China.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They are all made in China.

+1
All Leapers Products are made in China.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got one of the Leapers 4x20 carry handle "Golden Image" scopes. I had no problem with it holding zero, but the eye relief was too fussy.

The adjustments were labeled as 1/4 MOA clicks.

Oh, and the built in Bullet Drop Compensator worked fine for XM193 out of a 20" barrel.

I've replaced my A2 upper with a flattop and I'm saving up for a Leupold (put the Leapers on an airsoft gun).

I'd recommend against buying one.

Full Review, for reference.
Short Reviews
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Leapers = No go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Leapers Clones? Leapers ARE clones. They are all made in China.

Ok that came off wrong...LOL

There are companies in China who clone anything made and offer replicas for 90% off.  I was just saying you need to make sure you are not buying a clone.

Ya they even clone cheep stuff.  Heck I saw a BSA 30MM reddot clone for $8 on e-bay...S&H was $25....the cost of a BSA 30MM on e-bay $25 and ppl were still buying the clone.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Leapers scope, had 2 of them in fact. The one without the parallax / focus adjustment but is variable power would go blurred at the highest magnification setting.

Exchanged for the side focus/parallax adjustment, the glass shows ghosting at the highest magnification.

The glass quality is poor. The reticle holds zero fine.

You are better off purchasing a Tasco, Simmons, etc.

Don't buy BSA either, they just don't hold zero for a 223. Airgun and 22 maybe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had my Leapers for years and have been waiting for it to die so I can move up but the darn thing just won't do it.

I only use it for plinking and punching holes in paper at 50yds or less so, like I said, until it dies I guess I'm just stuck with it.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top