Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT
Update:  Joe and I decided that I would keep the sight that was sent...and pay the extra for the rear sight.  He even gave me the package deal.  As for shipping chargres...I don't know.  I'm sure he'll do it right.  Thanks Joe!

Update # 2:  After being a complete ass...and taking things too far, I apologized to Joe at SKD for my behavior and we worked things out.  SKD Tactical is a great company and I will continue to do business with them.  Nothing more to see here.

Please let this post die everyone.  SKD Tactical shipped the wrong product and I went over-board.  I have apologized to all parties involved.  I can't do anything more.  Again i'm sorry for the trouble.  Joe at SKD is a very professional salesman and I appreciate everything he has done.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Now we all can have free shipping

I'm sure they will credit you back your shipping

Ship happens
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Gee I'd be pissed at you for the attitude. Seriously they offered free shipping on the next order to cover this shipping. And I can't say I blame them for wanting the other part back first. Otherwise how else can they be sure they'll even get it back..

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
no love here

Ask them to credit back your account for the return shipping expense, bitching here about a simple fix will get you more piss off than you are now..

Oh and thanks for the free shipping code
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#6]
SKD Tactical are great folks to work with..  Frankly, since YOU brought this garbage up - you're the one with the bad attitude.  They don't know that you really did the get the wrong item and that you are not  just trying to get something  free!  A simple phone call in polite language would make everything alright, I'm sure.  Maybe they will credit you the shipping this time if you'd just ask.  amking demands on a great supplier with a proven track record doesn't impress anyboody.  SKD's reputation speaks for itself.  Everybody makes mistakes.. Try rethinking this one - like my momma said "you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar, so be sweet!"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Dude, shit happens! You sound like you think they sent you the wrong product on purpose, JUST to piss you off.

They offered to make it right and free shipping. If you don't like their terms, I'm sure you could have responded with a "Thanks for the free shipping offer. As I'm kind of in a rush I would appreciate if you could send out the proper sight today and I will do the same".

Ever heard of: "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

In any event, sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. I hope you don't have any similiar horrific experiences in the future, like accidently getting a Coke instead of a diet Coke at a restaurant. GASP!

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Make it happen

If I were a biz owner and got some whiny bitch for a customer and had that sent to me, I think I'd mail him some poop.

I'm suprised we have any vendors at all on the site.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
On 02-23-2006 I ordered the FBS-RA1 Troy Industries rear BUIS.  I received the item today, and was impressed by the fast shipping.  After opening the box however...I realized that they had sent me the wrong product.  They had in fact sent me the front folding BUIS.

So I sent an e-mail to [email protected] and this is what I said:

I received the item in the mail today.  It is not what I ordered.  I ordered teh FBS-RA1 rear folding iron sight.  I received the front folding iron sight.

-Juston

I received an e-mail back saying this:

Juston,

Sorry for the mistake.  Please ship it back to us via US Mail.  We will ship out the proper sight as soon as it gets here.  Next time you order with us, we will give you free shipping- just write "free shipping per Joe, (#6088)" in the comment field.  Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Joe

So I sent a reply:

I'm not paying to ship anything back.  You can include a return shipping label with the correct sight.  You should be sending that out today...not when you get the incorrect item back.  Make it happen.

-Juston

I'm now awaiting their reply...we'll see what they have to say.  Either they fix it...or I'll be ordering from a different supplier.

ETA:  More faces!

First of all, you posted this in the WRONG FORUM. This IS NOT the EE Feedback Forum. I guess SKD isn't the only one who can make a mistake. I'll be surprised if they choose to keep doing business with you at all. You could have asked a question but instead demanded they fix it like a 3 year old having a tantrum and beating his hands on the floor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Triad screwed me worse.  

I ordered a set of MSA supreme pro ear protectors and they came broken.  

Rather than handle the issue, I had to call MSA and arrange a return, they accepted the product and returned me a new set working but mine had come with the accessory cord and the MSA people hadn't sent me one.  [I never got the cord]

I wouldn't order from them again.  I don't need those kind of headaches I allready have plenty of my own; the vendor should handle returns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I really don't care if you guys think I did right or wrong.  The customer is always...i repeat...always right!

I've spoken with them and have decided to keep the incorrect item and pay the difference for the rear BUIS.

Problem solved...and now i'm pleased.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#12]
The customer may always be right, but that does not mean he has to play by your rules.  You can find fault with both positions and both ways of handling the return.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I really don't care if you guys think I did right or wrong.  The customer is always...i repeat...always right!

I've spoken with them and have decided to keep the incorrect item and pay the difference for the rear BUIS.

See this is why I'm not in business where I have to deal with customers. You I'd probably strangle with the phone cord.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Okay, if you don't care what we think DON"T START THE ORIGINAL THREAD!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I forgot to say...

IBTL
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:47:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#17]
has Issues!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#18]
skdtac is a awesome company, joe is a great guy and i stand behind him, just ask him to reimburse you for shipping once he recieves the item back.

SKD rocks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Then why post at all?

Remind me never to deal with you
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why post at all?

Remind me never to deal with you

Amen!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#21]

You guys act like you never get upset over preventable things in life.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#22]
The customer is always right up to the point where he is a jerk.  Then he deserves a kick in the crotch.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Most people act like grown men when such mistakes are made, but I guess the Ghost Recon generation can't figure that part out. Instead, you choose to post your miserable life experiences here, slamming a good business and potentially creating a loss of business for them over one little mistake. Cry me a fucking river Matrix ghey.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
SKD Tactical are great folks to work with..  Frankly, since YOU brought this garbage up - you're the one with the bad attitude.  They don't know that you really did the get the wrong item and that you are not  just trying to get something  free!  A simple phone call in polite language would make everything alright, I'm sure.  Maybe they will credit you the shipping this time if you'd just ask.  amking demands on a great supplier with a proven track record doesn't impress anyboody.  SKD's reputation speaks for itself.  Everybody makes mistakes.. Try rethinking this one - like my momma said "you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar, so be sweet!"

Yea I have never had any problems with Joe or SKD. Business is Business and mistakes happen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

There's a fine line between reacting and overreacting.

You are the one who blew this out of proportion!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people act like grown men when such mistakes are made, but I guess the Ghost Recon generation can't figure that part out. Instead, you choose to post your miserable life experiences here, slamming a good business and potentially creating a loss of business for them over one little mistake. Cry me a fucking river Matrix ghey.

I never bad mouthed him.  All I did was post a rant.  I'm still doing business with him if that means anything at all these days.

FWIW...everything worked out in the end and I sent an e-mail to Joe apologizing to him for any rudeness.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I've had nothing but good luck with all the industry people, and this includes SKD.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Let me ask you this...eactly how long did you wait before running and crying like a little bitch on the internet for SKD to answer your email? Essentially you did not even give them a chance to make things right....would you have taken that sharp tone with the man face to face? Doubt it...

Mistakes happen...big boy and big girl rules apply in the real world. SKD has a stellar rep on this site....give the man the benefit of the doubt before attempted slander on the internet....BIOTCH!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Let me ask you this...eactly how long did you wait before running and crying like a little bitch on the internet for SKD to answer your email? Essentially you did not even give them a chance to make things right....would you have taken that sharp tone with the man face to face? Doubt it...

Mistakes happen...big boy and big girl rules apply in the real world. SKD has a stellar rep on this site....give the man the benefit of the doubt before attempted slander on the internet....BIOTCH!!

blah
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Here are the last two e-mails:

I'll have someone box it up now.  We still have your CC from your original order since it wasn't too long ago- we'll charge your card the $100 and get it done.  You'll still have free shipping on your next order with us- just follow the directions in my original reply.  Thanks-

Joe

Thanks Joe.  Sorry if I was rude.  I just needed it soon because i'm leaving town permenantly.  No biggie though.  I would send anyone in the market to you guys.

-Juston

Also I just wanted to say...I didn't handle the situation in the best way.  I am sorry for rudeness.  Also, i'm leaving town for good in a few days and that's the reason I needed the sight...I'm hoping it comes in prior to my leaving.  I should have stayed calm.  Then again...we are all human and we are all going to make mistakes.  

Thanks again Joe for making things right!

Thanks for the hat!  That was nice of you.  You really didn't have to do that.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You are a bitch.  

Please link to this thread any time you post anything in the EE.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

YOU were preventable!  Where is that time machine and what's your mother's name?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Late I know, but Joe is a stand up guy and won't hesitate to make something right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are a bitch.  

Please link to this thread any time you post anything in the EE.  

Name calling.  I'm so hurt.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#40]
well it's not like I expected you to cry over it...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#41]
To MEI2757935:
You made your point now move on.  You got what you wanted.  Congrats.

To everyone else:
Just let this post die.  This guy doesn't get it.  No matter what you tell him, he thinks he is always right.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
To MEI2757935:

To everyone else:
Just let this post die.  This guy doesn't get it.  No matter what you tell him, he thinks he is always right.

I don't get it?  Excuse me, but I made a very formal apology to both Joe at SKD and here on the web forum.  I think I understand very well.  Why don't you read before you post.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To MEI2757935:

To everyone else:

I don't get it?  Excuse me, but I made a very formal apology to both Joe at SKD and here on the web forum.  I think I understand very well.  Why don't you read before you post.

you ought to take a breath and count to 10 before you post...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
To MEI2757935:

To everyone else:

you ought to take a breath and count to 10 before you post...

And you can STFU.  I'm just about tired of you.  Get a life.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top