Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:59:43 PM EDT
Anybody used one of these?   I'm just curious how good the quality is (if there is any quality at all).

How close is it to an actual mark 4?

They look pretty damn close.

Just my own curiousity I guess

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Could you post a link to the item?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
MARK4  CLONE

This one is out of Canada....there are others out of China though
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it's only fair, if you're going to buy a replica scope, you should pay with replica cash.

I mean, it works just as good as the real thing, right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Something like that.....I was just curious as to what kinda quality they were.

Not saying I'm gonna buy one....just curious

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Some body needs to get one and see how it compares to the other scopes in it's price range.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest you read the seller feedback.  Sounds like a total rip off artist.  

Hint #1 - item is listed as a Leupold Mark 4, it is not.

Hint #2 - in the optics industry, unlike most other industries, you get what you pay for.  Sometimes you do not even get that much.  

Hint #3 - Caveat Emptor (buyer beware).
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
how do you figure they sound like a ripoff artist.....96% positive feedback is pretty good, not great....but still pretty good

He has it listed in the title as a Mark4 M1, but later in the listing he has that it's a replica.  The listing may be a little decieving, but since in the descrition he does say it's a replica, I think that makes it legit

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to buy one just to beat the shit out of it to test it, but I don't feel like forking over a hundred bucks if the thing is going to shit the bed on me.  

Maybe if I shit $100 bills....well, if that were the case, I would buy everyone one then

Sadly my current financial situation precludes me from doing so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone on this board has one, I cant remember who it is but they were going to email me with the results of their range test but have not gotten it yet. He said it was a damn sturdy and heavy scope tho, and everything worked great on it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
do you know where he got it....like which country it came from
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
No, only Ebay
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#12]
"Maybe if I shit $100 bills....well, if that were the case, I would buy everyone one then"

If I shit $100 dollar bills I'ld be eating a lot more, and hoarding cash like Silas Marner.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#13]
i would save the hundred till i could purchase something proven
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
If I were looking for a bargan scope and had not alot of money to spend I would buy a Super Sniper, at only 300.00 bran new they are a good buy and I only hear good things about them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If I were looking for a bargan scope and had not alot of money to spend I would buy a Super Sniper, at only 300.00 bran new they are a good buy and I only hear good things about them.

+1

i have the 10x42m
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I appreciate the suggestions of what would be a better scope to buy, and that I should save my money until I can buy something proven like a Super Sniper.  I know the Super Sniper is a good scope.  I have had both the 10X model and the 16X model.  

I never said I was going to consider buying one of these Mark 4 clones, all I said was that I was curious how they stacked up to a real Mark 4.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Who knows? It might be worth a shit.

I remember people used to dis the Super Sniper, which was a clone of the Bausch & Lomb Tactical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
how do you figure they sound like a ripoff artist.....96% positive feedback is pretty good, not great....but still pretty good

Read the negative responses.  That's what I did.

He has it listed in the title as a Mark4 M1...

Indeed, this is classic deceptive advertising practice - in fact, it might be actionable as their main listing uses Leupold's name rather than the actual manufacturer.

..., but later in the listing he has that it's a replica.  

So why didn't they list it as a clone?

The listing may be a little decieving, ...

I rest my case.

...but since in the descrition he does say it's a replica, I think that makes it legit

Re-read your own statement above.  Need I say anything further?

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#19]
so 5 negative responses out of over a hundred good ones makes someone a ripoff artist?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
so 5 negative responses out of over a hundred good ones makes someone a ripoff artist?

Using Leupold's good name to promote your "clone" product.

Read the negative responses.

This is classic infringement.  

People buy lots of ripoff products.  It's big business.  The Chicoms specialize in it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I know its a knockoff product.  But they are coming from out of the country .  So technically, there is nothing "illegal" about it (correct me if I'm wrong).  It may be immoral, but the guy isn't doing anything illegal
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I know its a knockoff product.  But they are coming from out of the country .  So technically, there is nothing "illegal" about it (correct me if I'm wrong).  It may be immoral, but the guy isn't doing anything illegal

+1

Just like the other clones and software
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]
SCAMMER!!

Need I say more?
Take a look at some of his other auctions...
http://cgi.ebay.com/30mm-Aimpoint-RED-Mildot-Scope-w-RIS-Mount_W0QQitemZ7222060207QQcategoryZ66827QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

An Aimpoint scope with KAC mount for $9.99
Thats a Hell of a deal!!!

No where in the auction does it say anything about being a clone or replica...

Buyer Beware!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#24]
96% positive feedback means that 96 out of 100 people are either still fooled to this day or were airsofters to begin with and still love the replica.  

5 bad transactions out of 100 is BAD!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#25]
You guys sure are harsh.  I don't know the guy, or know alot about his selling practices, but I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I guess I'm a sucker.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You guys sure are harsh.  I don't know the guy, or know alot about his selling practices, but I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I guess I'm a sucker.

Just get it and we will let Dr VM do his infamouse drop test.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#27]
You should point Voldermortist to that scope and get him to do some "testing" for you. I hear he needs a "tough" scope for his new custom bolt gun that just came in.

EDIT Damn Tim you beat me by under a minute!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I would expect that out of you 2

I'd say VM could bust the shit out of one of those

and DevL....thanks for calling me back on saturday
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I ordered one of these clones about 2 months ago.  I got it from Hong Kong. It has the illuminated reticle which actually works pretty good.  It has a duplex cross hair and only the center cross is illuminated. The brightness adjustment works very well with the lowest setting barely visible on a dark night view. The turret adjustments are I think metric as each click moved impact about 1 centimeter. The markings are just copies of the leupold so don't reflect true click value. Actually the  direction arrow for the turrets is reversed.  I just used a little white paint and changed those.  I mounted mine on 20" Les Baer barreled upper with TSR rings and did the box shoot at 100yds.  The adjustments came out perfect. I've done shots out to300yds and returning to my 100yd zero always came back.  The side focus for parallex works great. The resolution on this scope was pretty good, actually better than any $100-200 scope that I've seen. I think its an ideal scope for a plinker or range gun. I wouldn't put it on anything bigger than a 5.56 but thats my personal opinion. I was fairly active in the airsoft thing and there is a tremendous difference in quality amoung airsoft products and this is one of the better  items. I do have most of the high end optics like Leupold, Nightforce, SuperSniper, etc so I can make that comparison. I've got about 200rds thru it now. I got it not as a replacement for my high end scopes but just was curious how these worked. I paid about $130 plus $30 shipping.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#30]
well, finally soemone who has actually used one.  I appreciate the review.  I believe my curiosity is satsified now.

Again....good review.  Maybe you could post some pics of it on the Les Baer.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top