Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:24:05 PM EDT
anyone know the defference between the 2 makers as far as for mounting an aimpoint on a flat top.  

thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't know about the GG&G, but the Larue co-witnesses in the lower 1/3. I have the straight mount (not the cantilever one) and I am really pleased. It really does hold zero after being taken off and put back on.

I also like how they built in a spare battery compartment. They even have a rubber washer to keep water out in case you go scuba diving with your AR (lol)... It works in another way, keeps the mount light.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue > GGG
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned both and LARUE makes the best period. GGG are good but , Im sorry They just are not LARUE. Mark LARUE puts out great products and his Custome rservice outshines them all.
chuck
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The only mount I would consider by GG&G is the cantilever one.  It's not meant to be quick removal.  The one I had used a thumb screw, like KAC.

Having used nearly every mount type there is currently out, I must say the LaRue levers are at the top.

If I wanted a rock solid mount and knew that I was likely not going to be removing the optics to swap them out, I wouldn't hesitate to use the GG&G Cantilever mount and crank it down.

If I was going to keep my "options open", I would get the LaRue mount for the ACOG/Magnified Optic and the Aimpoint.

FWIW...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Larue is hard to beat.  Even if the products are equal, the Larue customer service can not be beat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I have used GG&G, ARMS, (edit) PRI and LaRue mounts.  Every optic mount I have is now LaRue EXCEPT for two GG&G PVS-14 mounts.  That mount is robust and permits helmet mounting the optic without putting the whole mount on the J mount.  Repeatability of zero is a non-issue.  Having said this, if I were buying new, I would go with LaRue due to cost.  The GG&G's are paid for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anyone know the defference between the 2 makers as far as for mounting an aimpoint on a flat top.  

thanks

The LaRue has superior design, and cost less money.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top