Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:56:46 PM EDT
Just purchased a Yankee Hill Machine scope riser  part number 227A and a set or Mini risers 226. How do you put these on? Both the rifles I have to use these on have Yankee hill free float tubes installed. They apparently need to slide on the front of the receiver meaning I need to remove the free float tubes. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok answered my own question. Just removed the FSB then slid down the tube onto the reciever. No big deal
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok answered my own question. Just removed the FSB then slid down the tube onto the reciever. No big deal

Carry handle of flat top?  

If it's a flat top, you just remove the BUIS, pull out the charging handle slightly, and slide it all the way up.

On the other hand, If it's got a fixed carry handle, then I guess your options were limited and you'd either have to do what you did, or loosen the locking ring and turn the tube until the top rail was off to one side.

If that's the case, somebody sent you in a fairly bad direction with those.  Yankee hill makes a slightly longer version that has the moveable clamps like most scope mounts, and Ameetec Arms makes some mini risers pretty much exactly like the Yankee Hill, except that they are 2-piece and have the clamp as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Flat top you are correct. No brainer pull out operation handle and slide on from the rear. Got no instructions with the risers.  Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top