Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 6:17:42 AM EDT
I am lookin at getting the RRA elite car a4 midlength with the dominator sight so I can mount an EO tech sight. Does anyone have a picture looking through the sights and the EO tech at the same time. I would just like to see what the sight picture looks like. Also, with the dominator mount, does your cheek line up ok with the line of sight or is a cheek pad needed ? thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Although I don't have a picture of the center EOTech dot while looking through the rear sight, these pics might help you.  You can see by the side view that the rear aperture lines up in the bottom 1/3 of the EOTech window.  The EOTech reticle picture is taken as if you were looking just over the top of the rear sight.  If you looked through the rear sight and got a good sight picture and then turned the EOTech on, the center dot of the reticle would be sitting directly on top of the front sight post.  You can use the same cheek weld with or without the EOTech, your sight picture will just be at the bottom of your EOTech window.  Also, since you're restricting the light that reaches your eye by looking through the rear aperture, the EOTech reticle is dimmer when you look through the rear sight.  I tend to raise up just a little to take the rear sight out of the picture unless I really need it  in case of an EOTech malfunction (which has never happened).  I hope this helps.

http://home.earthlink.net/~s.shafer/DCP_2161.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~s.shafer/DCP_2171.JPG
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
TINCUP, just keep in mind a picture will never really show you what it's like because you are using stereo vision with the sight but a picture is based on the one lens.

The fact that one eye is seeing completely past the sight really changes things.  A picture is going to be more like if you used the EOTech with the other eye closed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
eta: EOTech Larue Mount w/Larue BUIS

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. These are exactly the views I was looking for. The EO tech mounted on the dominator sight is the way I will go. I just want the iron sights for back up just in case. I like the idea that you don't have to really change your cheek position.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone got a picture or comments on a ARMs 40, AIMPOINT Comp in a ARMS Mount?  I assume these should cowitness.  What about if you add a ARMS SIR to the mix?  that would move the AIMPOINT up some???
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
When using the EOTech I simply "V" the rear aperture.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top