Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:29:02 PM EDT
Not that I really give a rat's ass what anyone thinks, but I had some left over ladder rail, and since I don't have a magnifier or NVD for my Larue EO mount, I stuck some there.  Anyone else ever do this?  Just did it for the hell of it, but then figured, why not?  A couple of less places to clean dirt and whatnot out of.  It actually looks okay, and there does seem to be a function in doing it.

Would post a pic, but just did it and my GF has my camera.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen others do it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
At least it's not an XT or sumthin, right?  lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
so you are asking others on the internet for approval of what you did?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not teh ghey, but it is teh suxxor!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If ya got it, do what ever the hell ya want with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
"teh ghey"

is gay.

Type like a heterosexual.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"teh ghey"

is gay.

+1. Are you an adult or zit-faced teenage crusing pussy on myspace.com?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I did exactly the same thing with the 3 slat piece of ladder I had left.  It was the perfect size for the Larue.  Who cares if folks think it's ghey.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"teh ghey"

is gay.

+1. Are you an adult or zit-faced teenage crusing pussy on myspace.com?

You guys are teh r0xor!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#10]

this thread is teh roflcakes but it needs moar cowbell...

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
this thread is teh roflcakes but it needs moar cowbell...

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]

I don't have any idea what your talking about.  

When you get your camera back from your GF, take photos of her instead and post 'em.    

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1. Are you an adult or zit-faced teenager cruising pussy on myspace.com?

29 posts in 4 years and that's all you could come up with?  Were the others this intelligent?  Go back to sleep, or log out of your troll account and use your main one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I don't have any idea what your talking about.  

When you get your camera back from your GF, take photos of her instead and post 'em.    

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif  

Will do  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I think what he did was take some low profile ladder covering and place it over the three or so rails on the back of the LaRue Eotech mount that would normally be the spot where you mount a NVD.

Question for you? Why would you care what anyone else thought of you protecting the bare rail in this manner?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Question for you? Why would you care what anyone else thought of you protecting the bare rail in this manner?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Read the first post, I explicitely said I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks.  I just never have seen it in any of the pics I've seen on here, and was just wondering if anyone else had ever done it.  Seemed like a no brainer since it was that much less to keep from cleaning.

Guess some people are just too quick to try to jump on someone instead of actually reading and interpreting the post (not directed at you IPSC_GUY).
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Read the first post, I explicitely said I don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks.  I just never have seen it in any of the pics I've seen on here, and was just wondering if anyone else had ever done it.  Seemed like a no brainer since it was that much less to keep from cleaning.

Guess some people are just too quick to try to jump on someone instead of actually reading and interpreting the post (not directed at you IPSC_GUY).

Putting a ladder on that particular rail is not by any definition 'gay.'

I am happy now, thanks Rakky!  Now if you'll excuse me I have to go finish painting a rainbow on one of my carbines!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Putting a ladder on that particular rail is not by any definition 'gay.'

I am happy now, thanks Rakky!  Now if you'll excuse me I have to go finish painting a rainbow on one of my carbines!

Post pics!!!  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Well the purpose of any rail cover it to protect the rails from damage. If you have ever gurred up a section of rail and then tried to mount anything on the rail it is a pain in the butt. If your weapon might be subjected to the kind of abuse that could damage a section of rail then by all means cover it. If your doing for cosmetics that is fine also. Anything to break up the silohete (sp?) of the rifle or what I consider to be a long black mass is a good thing. Have I ever seen anyone do it? No, but that does not mean it is bad to do.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
"teh ghey"

is gay.

+1

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]

I put a section in front of my ACOG...

...I hope my wife doesn't find out about my secret life.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I think the ladder used this way just adds un-nessesary weight. Every 1/100 ounce counts!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]
To each his own
I don't put the ladder rail covers everywhere, just where my non-shooting hand will come in contact with the handguard.  My take on ladder-rail-on-all-exposed-rails is perhaps people put them on the rails because they're there, never mind it serves little purpose.  But it's their gear, I only make fun of bsbg and USMC03 for their excessive rail covers
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top