Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:49:51 PM EDT
Does someone make a knockoff? This thing seems VERY simple... about on par with a spotting scope which can be found for <100. Am I missing something here? Why is it so damn expensive?
-jls7
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hate to say it, but I'd buy a knockoff of the Aimpoint magnifier.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah its not like it needs to hold zero
I have wondered why it costs what it does
I could see $200 or so but not as much or more than a CompM it goes with
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I really think the reason that it costs so much is that the aimpoint ml2 + magnifier still costs less than the elcan 1-4x cqb scope. They figure that the two together make a comparable cqb system. I really think its just simple economics that dictates that aimpoint can capture more consumer surplus by pricing the magnifier at its current price. In other words they think that they would make less money by pricing it lower regardless of the fact that there will me more people willing to pay at that lower price. I cant really make a judgement on their pricing decision without industry demand data but I think that would be a HUGE boom in sales from the "I want that cool magnifier widget thingy" market (lots of that here at Ar15.com!!).
-jls7
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey if you could mount this on your rifle it might work. Its a 3x monocular plus it has gen 1 nightvision, not great but the price is right. Looks like aimpoint 1" rings might work as mount... Im not gonna be the first to try though!
www.binocularsdirect.com/ATN_Night_Vision/dpnvmezmeyldrd.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I was looking around and sadly it doesn't look like a product exists.  If anything it would be a simmons or similar compact scope, maybe a Colt/realist 4power clone that could somehow be dissassembled and the reticle removed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top